Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Meme du Jour

6 weird things about me…

1. Very few people knew my Mother’s nickname for me was Budgie.

babybonXMAS.gif
me/Budgie @1yo

2. I have read the 5th Harry Potter book 5 times.

3. I drive a 1991 Jeep Wrangler. It has 52,000 miles. I intend to drive it until it’s dust.

4. For the life of me, I cannot tell a joke with a punchline, but give me 10 minutes and I could maybe make you laugh anyways. (Have you heard the one about my Great Aunt Mary, who in the middle of a brutal Midwest winter many years ago, while the entire family was wasting away from extreme rural Cabin Fever, built a sand box for her boys so they would have Something To Do. It took up most of the Living Room.)

5. I used to keep a short pair of drumsticks in my work truck so when I was stuck in traffic, sans passengers, I could drum on the steering wheel or dashboard, while listening to the radio.

6. I love to lie in bed in the wee morning hours and wiggle my toes back and forth in my socks.

Meme courtesy of Theresa; pick it up and run if you dare!

10 Responses to “Tuesday, December 19, 2006”

1. Karen says:

Only 52,000 miles on a 1991! Wow. I assume you don’t drive much. :)

2. scout says:

I thought you said you kept them in your trunk. I was wondering how in traffic you got them out.

I need my espresso..

A sand box in the living room? Actually I can relate to that kind of desperation. :-)

4. Wannietta says:

Okay, the toes is the sock thing is weird! But in a nice, harmless, eccentric kinda way – lol.

5. Gaile says:

Your nickname was Budgie? Mine was Bird!

OH my, I think my weirdness falls short. *pout*

7. MichelleD says:

My Grandmother (Mimi) called me Budgie Bodinski which really isn’t bad since she taught my parakeet to say “son-of-a-*****, son-of-a-*****” and to answer to the sound of the doorbell, “who the hell is there now?”. She would just laugh and laugh when the keet spat out his lines.

8. Diane D. says:

Umm, I’ve still got two boxes of sand inside on my sun porch, so I just don’t see the weirdness in your Aunt (see my Nov. 14 blog entry for a pic). Desperation can lead to extreme resourcefulness. I think you need to work on your weirdness quotient a little ;).

9. Gina says:

I love the mental image I have of you rocking out at a stop light with drumsticks! Rock on, sister!

10. Criquette says:

Me too! I wiggle my toes in my socks every morning before I get out of bed. And also when I am falling asleep. Funny, I never thought of that as weird, though.