My vintage-inspired experiment continues…
We started two sweaters at the same time – one in this lovely glazed grey color yarn and the other, in a heathery rich turquoise. The goal was to make a basic sweater that was truly figure-proportioned throughout.
Think 1960′s Sweater Girls with that saucy posture (minus the Bullet Bra).
But the journey to the happiness that is finished design is a highway jammed with lots of starts and stops.
You knit, then you rip. Knit, rip. Knit Rip. No shame; no blame. You automatically understand it’s like removing that bandaid off your arm in one fell swoop and you move along.
In this case though, when I finished the first sleeve of the grey model, I realized it Could Be Better.
So I knit the second sleeve making the mods that would make it not just acceptable but, I hoped, exceptional. I have to confess, no other project has bugged me this much in the making in quite some time. Inherent Sleeve Knitting Inertia smacked me in the head everytime I glanced at the first sleeve, which was hard not to do since this is a top-downer. It taunted me – and by all rights, I should’ve just ripped it out and left it back at the cap point and moved along. But it became my inspiration to get the other one off the needles! So I left it.
Then I reknit it! Take that, you little mocker! Seventy-five rows in one night, in fact, last night, to Finish It.
If you click on the right picture, you can see two matching, proportioned sleeves, no longer mocking, but ready for their closeup.
But not quite yet. Other buggaboo: the Buttonband/Neckband which I also improved on the little turquoise model. So it’s back to the drawing board, heh, back on the needles
ONE More Time…