Wednesday, November 15, 2006

irivngpark1w.jpg

Inspired by the sensational color combo in Sylvia’s Horizon sweater, I’ve started a little fire here in the MW.

This is the start of a slightly cropped vest, using the Ribby Shell pattern. It uses the plain panel version but starts the panel later so the bottom ribbing will be longer. I think the neckline will morph into another form as well…

Isn’t this the most RIOTOUS of colors? But of course, it is Lorna’s Laces [Shepards Worsted], and our home town girl Beth Casey, named this one after one of my very favorite streets: Irving Park. I’ve always referred to this on assignment as *Irv*, fondly, like a chummy friend.

And I hope that is what this will be – a kickIT sort of everyday chill buster! I am totally into the layers now that the temps have fallen loooowwwwwwer [at least from last week, you know in the MW, it can go back to 70 tomorrow. For 10 minutes.]

It’s all about the VEST these days in Chicago – my good friend Corinne keeps showing up at KIP in beautiful vest after vest and I’m HOOKED!

13 Responses to “Wednesday, November 15, 2006”

1. Karen B. says:

Wild thang! You’re gonna love it in Lorna’s. Makes me think I ought to pull my UFO vest out of the Big Plastic Bag…

2. Love the colors! I just knit my first hat this weekend, using your Shaker Rib pattern, and my son loves it! Thank you for sharing such a great, well-written pattern.

I want to see your VEST, Karen! [And I really want to see what else is in the Big Plastic Bag ;p ]

Thanks so much, Cindy, for the sweet compliment! I am still wearing my Red Shaker all over the place now that its cooled down – it actually is one of the only hats that doesn’t destroy ze coif!

4. Corinne says:

I’m declaring it the season of the vest! I’m blaming it on dye fumes from my recent Briar Rose Fibers order, but there’s a third Rosebud vest now. I’ll wear the cashmere and polwarth one tomorrow when I see you, and I swear it’s buttah!

5. Michelle says:

Whoah, I LOVE these colors. Just what a girl needs on a drab Autumn day…..juicy!

6. monica says:

Irv is my favorite LL colorway. That vest is going to be really cute!

7. Silvia says:

Well you KNOW I love that colorway! Gorgeous colors. Irony being what it is, I just started Ariann in chocolate cormo. You inspired me right back.

8. lynette says:

too funny, BM. i’m knitting a vest also. we can start a Chicago “in”Vesters club. heee

I have been getting the vest itch as well. Great colorway, very sassy.

10. Wanda says:

Ohh, lovin’ that colorway. I was just looking at a vest pattern today that is so cute, that I think I will have to make it. I thnk your cropped vest using the Ribby Shell pattern will be fantastic! Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

I love those colors! What a beautiful vest that will be!

12. amisha says:

hey bonne marie,
    we must be on the same color wavelength… i just posted a pic of some new koigu that i got that is weirdly similar to this lorna’s! can’t wait to see the vest…

Very Pretty! I totally love the color vibe – tangerine, fuschia, rasberry, pommegranate…