Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday Morning Mirth

When the other work laid down its weary head,
the housework demanded equal time.
First up on the Rooster: LAUNDRY.
babybear.jpg

Tell me what this is and why it’s FUNNY
- win enough yarn to make these -
the #1 accessory pattern amongst Bike Messengers in NYC…

thanks Mary for your company & inspiration – check out her cool Voodoo!

— entries taken until Friday, October 27, 2006 – TBA Mon 10/30 —

60 Responses to “Monday, October 23, 2006”

1. Sarah says:

Oh, please don’t tell me you shrunk that adorable blue sweater into a child’s size! I’m guessing it must have been roughly the same size as the purple to start…what a tragedy!!! And Im sure that what most everyone else is guessing too but I’m too lazy to read your 50 other comments. Have fun with that :)

2. Tammi says:

Mislabeled “Superwash”?

3. Patti says:

The blue sweater was felted on purpose so it would be a child’s size, and perfect for Mongolia, and be sent to Dulaan project at Mossy Cottage Knits.

4. Stephanie says:

I think the blue “hourglass” is 1/2 full.

5. Carla says:

I assume it had a little ride in the washer and maybe dryer!

6. Sarah says:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that you accidentally UNfelted the purple sweater.

That’s right – it used to be that tiny pixie size, but you put it in the washer in water too cold and now it’s ginormous.

Or not, but that would be funny, right?

7. Amber says:

I’m going to guess that they are the same sweater — one knit in superwash wool and the other not and you accidentally machine washed and dried the wrong one!

8. Nicole says:

Laundry says “See what happens when you ignore me?”

9. Sheila says:

As previously commented one was washed properly and one slipped by and was felted by accident. That or you felted the wrong one, the blue one was for and adult and the multi color was supposed to be for the child. Either way they are both pretty.

10. kelli says:

looks like the big mean purple sweater tricked the less worldly wise blue sweater into a “fun ride” through the washer and dryer