Tuesday, September 19, 2006

meboots_060919.jpg

it might be sweater weather, but @Chez Chic, it’s BOOT Time! VOILA! My gen-u-wine Harley Davidson Motorcyle boots, anytime anywhere with anything…

self-portrait Tues continues…

The Knit-Geek Questionnaire, Part II
…via Laura via Kate

6. Who is/are your knitting hero(es), and why? On a cold and gray Chicago morn
a poor little girl with some sticks was born… OH. I had to go way back on the timeline for a minute and think about this but I think I can finger two significant turning points in my knitting. The first: learning How to Mattress stitch and finding out how much I loved it! I blame Janet Szabo and a little book she wrote called “I Hate to Finish Sweater’s Guide to Finishing Sweaters.” All of a sudden I was Not Afraid. All of a sudden, I saw a million beautifully banded, seamed and collared beauties gracing my horizon, sprung from my very own hands. The other really significant influence on me is someone named Caroline and she runs a tr

9 Responses to “Tuesday, September 19, 2006”

1. Leslie says:

Love those boots! They look absolutely comfy and chic-hip-cool at the same time.

2. amisha says:

i’m with you on the cables, though there’s nothing in my heritage that is irish-leaning (unless an irishman/woman made it to my indian family tree unbeknownst to me!) i am drawn to them in all designs.

3. margene says:

Years ago I had a pair of boots just like that! Ah, the good ol’ days.

Hee. I think you should get on out there and get some MORE! You’d look GOOD.

5. Terry says:

Me too, had a boot similar to these (plainer). They were Frye boots and lasted forever! talk about value. Bet they are nicely worn in and molded to your feet by now. (One time an old lady, out of the blue, asked me where my horse was – this was when I was wearing the Fryes, guess she thought they were cowboy boots.)

Lets see, my knitting hero is my Grandma B. who tortured me endlessly as a child by making me sit still for 15 minutes at a time and “just knit”. Now I can’t sit still for 15 minutes at a time without needles in my hand.

Social, definately.

Nope.

Something handspund, handpainted, with lots of slubs and variations.

I have a fascination and love affair with cables too! Can’t get enough of the cabley goodness.

8. Becky says:

Those are some serious kicks. I bet you feel you rule the pavement when you walk around in ‘em! (I know I would.)

9. Lolly says:

I am going pretty crazy for cables too – I have some great cables planned for fall ;)

Cool boots! I can’t wait to pull mine out for winter wear. Yea!