Monday July 24, 2006

Monday Morning Mirth

I confess – I was glued to the TV this weekend watching the original Episode 1 of Miami VICE…

I must say – after viewing that and then viewing this (yaHA DSL!) I’m a wonderin’ what the * they were thinkin’ casting Colin Farrell as SONNY CROCKETT! Even in the trailer, his accent is all over the place – maybe it’s slippin’ on all that Hair Product (to be fair, when I’m in Miami, I use lots of this) but

PULL-EEZE!

Almost as wooden of a perfomance as Alexander, minus the funkay golden locks?

the Original Miami Vice

Get Dressed

Listen to the Theme Music and I double-dog dare ya not to remember the Coconut Bra!

My Vote

8 Responses to “Monday July 24, 2006”

1. Cara says:

OH MY GOD! We had SO MUCH FUN watching that original Miami Vice! Changed soundtracks FOREVER! And I am no Colin Farrell fan – I think there’s something completely skeevy about him (and not in the good way.) Your vote is inspired and something I can get RIGHT BEHIND!

2. Leslie says:

I agree, what were they thinking? Matt would have been awesome. I never missed an episode of the original. It really did change the way tv drama was produced, in a good way.

I have to admit that the Colin Farrelll choice perplexed me. Jamie Foxx… genius though. Matthew is clearly a better fit for the role.

4. Becky says:

I’m still trying to understand the Colin Farrell choice. And call me weird, but I find him strangely appealing. (Except for the rehab stint. That was just…ew.)

5. Becky says:

P.S. I think that Matthew would have been a better choice. Even with his bongo-playing whilst nekkid activities!

6. Karin says:

My question upon hearing of the movie actually was: Who needed to revive that fashion disaster?

OMG! Those colors, that HAIR! I’d forgotten (thankfully) the incredible BubbleHead Big Hair!

As always, you know you’ve got the wrong haircut when your hair enters the room before you! (Ditto for ze store boobelas)…

8. rb says:

My question is, does Christian Dior not read Vogue??? Because Vogue says we are done with embellishment and it’s more about clean lines and severe shapes. (and leggings.)

I don’t think I’m going to have to apologize for my ‘outdated’ sequins and beading if encounter one of Mr. Dior’s victims.