Wednesday, June 14, 2006

blue2w.jpg

Up in Andersonville this weekend, the streets were alive with some *new* sounds. Mucca Pazza (“Mad Cow”), a 17-piece ensemble made up of horns, drums, violin, accordian, and guitar, reigned supreme, bringing
their Punk Marching Band vibe to infinity and beyond!

I took this photo at the Sommarfest, Sunday, June 11, 2006.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

read more about them here & here

psjuneBLUE.gif

10 Responses to “Wednesday, June 14, 2006”

1. Laura from beautiful West Michigan says:

I love them and I’ve only heard them from their clips on their website! I passed the links on to our marching band director at the high school and told him I see Mucca Pazza-esque marching band this fall! Couldn’t you just see it?!?!?

I love marching bands (& drum & bugle)! How exciting for the kids – the energy and JOY that comes from this type of music is just so wonderful…

These guys combine traditional, jazz & punk to make something NEW – this weekend they also played at the HotHouse at a benefit for displaced kids from Katrina. I hear from my good friend Di that they were Second Lining as well! :)

3. toby Wollin says:

Proof Positive that there IS life after high school marching band. Woohoo. What a hoot!

4. Amy Lu says:

Chicago gets all the coolest things!

5. Laura K. says:

I’m having strange yearnings for my old polyester uniform and tall fuzzy hat….Dang, and I just sold my French Horn this year.

6. Jenna says:

I think I saw them on Conan O’Brien on the last of his Chicago shows. They rocked the house!

7. margene says:

A punk marching band…too cool, too fun!

8. Chris says:

Love it! Punk marching band – yeah. And their uniforms are great, too.

9. Leslie says:

I really feel a painting out of the photo Bonnie. I love the movement and energy the photo exhibits. You are an amazing photographer. You have a talent for seeing thru the lens and it getting to the final photo what most people miss. If for nothing else I look to your blog as eye candy… Thanks for the sweets yet again!

10. Lolly says:

Yea! The return of your photographs! I love this one. That girl is totally rocking with that trombone. Love her little blue ensemble! (are those legwarmers? or socks? )

Thanks for posting this, Bonne!