Tuesday, April 18, 2006

to be RED!

Calling all Photoshop CS Gurus: This morning I used the Web Gallery feature to create the album you get when you click on the above pictures. One of the options was for a pop-up info window below the main window. I tried to enter Meta Data Info for each picture, but it wouldn’t save it. Does anybody know how to do this?

This would be a great project scrapbooking feature – I wanted to record all the steps I took to get to the finish line.

I found some time this weekend to perform a Yarn Rescue of some yummy Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I’ve had this yarn for a few years now – it’s a dusty lilac color (was I on a lavender bender or what?!) that I’d worked up as a cardigan front and one sleeve before I *Frogged & Forgot* it in the X-Files that make up some of my stash.

I’m wrapping up a little pattern for Spring and as I finish one sample, I realized I wanted another one right away – but this one just for me to wear – in RED! WOOT!

Even though Red is NOT a traditional Spring tone, I visualize myself wearing this alot – it combines well with light blue, white, black, kiwi (!), aqua, jeans, linen, and cotton. Funny how a favored color suddenly becomes a *neutral* when you just Wear It.

17 Responses to “Tuesday, April 18, 2006”

1. Leah says:

Quite lovely!

I feel my dying gene stirring…

2. Dana says:

you are the dye-master! v. nice red color.

3. Beth S. says:

This never ceases to amaze me. Not a trace of purple is left! It’s like the yarn was sultry red all its life.

Very pretty! I can’t believe that started out purple!

5. Marlena says:

Gorgeous shade of red!

Regarding the neutral comment, I was just amazing myself the other day with how many things I’ve found to wear in my closet to go with my new BRIGHT LIME green shoes. It’s changed my entire fashion perspective!

6. Bets says:

Very nautical :) and, can’t wait to see your new pattern!

7. Pam says:

Great red! I bought a pair of red shoes this winter — they were Keens, cute, and WAY on sale. Plus I love red. It’s amazing how often they work with my clothes — red – the new black ;-)

8. rb says:

How observant about the “neutrals.” For some reason, shades of purple became my neutrals this winter. It’s not like I was walking around in a purple business suit but I had no problem pairing the black suit with purple shoes.

9. kim says:

you are amazing. you make this sound like something you did while waiting for the coffee to brew this morning. i need to see some shots of the dye-stained counter top to really believe this.

INSPIRING, as always!

10. amped! says:

i have no clue about the photoshop album features – though when clicking on your photo collage, there is some saved information displayed with the thumbnails on the left of the display.

re: red not being a spring color – think ladybugs. great for baby girls whose grandmothers are of the ‘pink is for girls; blue is for boys’ mindset. (I’m getting so tired of my baby’s pink wardrobe that I’ve been threatening to dye it all…)

11. Delica says:

You always impress me!

12. Looks great! Red and pale blue is a gorgeous combination. Very Cath Kidston (see http://www.cathkidston.com).

OH – that Kidston stuff is FUN! I’d like to try some of that oilcloth stuff -

The Neutrals – I love the thought of purple or green paired with the other neutral – black! That one touch of color just leaps out and SMOOCH!

I saw a lady last night on the #66, all in black except for what I craved: the world’s most perfect handbag in a sassy yellow green – now I’m on the lookout for a new carryall…

14. Michelle says:

I’m with ya on that little “smooch” of color against black. Today I’m wearing black pants, shoes, and top with a beaded necklace I made – black seed beads with oval-shaped jade pieces. It made me happy all day.
    Love the dye job – and looking forward to your new pattern!

15. Amy Lu says:

Oh my! I love that red! Red/Pink is a nuetral in my wardrobe, also replacing a lavendar phase.

You are quite the over-dye magician!