Monday Morning Mirth September 27, 2010

Monday Morning Mirth

gilespmpm

Fashion Week is wrapped in NYC but is going strong in the European fashion capitals.

Starting a new trend? Giles Deacon, London, who combined tradtional fair isle with spring brights to create a colorful twist on very recent retro: “”It’s nineties—the color and fun and playfulness of the Milk Bar.” He was referring to the unprepossessing London nightlife institution where you would once have seen Björk hopping about, Katie Grand propped up at the bar knitting, and Jon Pleased Wimmin deejaying (and what happened to him?).”

KIP (and Playstation!) inspiring knitwear! We love it! But what about that headgear?

7 Responses to “Monday Morning Mirth September 27, 2010”

1. Seanna Lea says:

I do not want to wear a gigantic pompom (and I said WTF when I saw it). So scary!

2. Kathleen says:

Hey, multi-tasking at work–the eight foot tall model is wearing a mop on her head so she can sweep away cobwebs she encounters in the rafters. Yikes and double yikes. The sweater is very cute, though.

3. Debi says:

Kathleen totally ROTFLMAO, need her at my house, knitting keeps me from cleaning the corners of the ceiling!!

I think I like the pompon, in a wierd ironic kind of way.

5. Cora says:

The spiders must keep walking…..lol…… i need one to clean my corners …..

I too, Jennifer, adore the pompom, although I worship it in an iconic way, as in: “All hail Queen of the PacMan Fluffheads!”

7. PICAdrienne says:

That outfit, well the whole thing, makes me think of a Barbie dressed by a 3 year old.