Monday, January 9, 2006

Monday Morning Mirth

first of all, I’d like to apologize for ever posting the picture you see below (first terrifying readers in 2002) – WTF?! with those wonky shorts and background…

BECAUSE there are not ENOUGH hours in the day for slacking on the Internet, ladies & gentlemen…

the Face Recognition Geneology Matcher

here is how it matched me…

Julianne Moore

snap.jpg

Greg Louganis

17 Responses to “Monday, January 9, 2006”

I don’t think the site does well with those of us who wear glasses. I got Frida Kahlo and Billy Jean King…

2. MommyknitsJen says:

I saw your link in the sidebar to the Sodoku website. That game is so truly adictive! I love it!

3. Elaine in Austin says:

Uh…Ayn Rand and Glenn Miller? Love your sight and have been reading it for years. I can’t believe I am finally compelled to comment about Ayn Rand and Glenn Miller. Tee hee.

Have you tried changing the size of the sampling box? I got even more amusing results with a slight change in parameter… :) Who is Maurice Chavalier?

5. Imbrium says:

I must truly be a one-of-a-kind…it didn’t have any matches for me.

Of course, I didn’t have a great photo, either…oh well.

6. Marg says:

What fun! I best resembled Lauren Bacall, a Great Lady whom I’ve long admired. On the male side, believe it or not, it matched me with **Boris Yeltsin**!!! EEEEW! Maybe I should try another photo…

7. Donna P says:

Oh fun!

Isn’t that the first ribby cardi? I have that pattern.

Donna

8. Becky says:

HAHAHAHA!!!

Best entry, ever!

9. Becky says:

P.S. Mine is Aung San Suu Ki and Fernando Henrique Cardoso. The clincher: MY FATHER LOOKS LIKE A YOUNGER FERNANDO HENRIQUE CARDOSO. Hahaha!! (Now I gotta try one smiling.)

10. Laura says:

Wow, and they even got your hair color with Julianne Moore, BM!

I, too, had to try out the face recognition. The first photo I put in spit out men and women. Top match: Steve Vai! Augh!

So I tried a better, facing-forward, smiling one and got…Mira Sorvino! Made my day. I also had a high match with Grace Kelly!

(Warning to all in blogland: Make no mistake, I don’t look like them In Real Life!)

11. Nicki says:

Meryl Streep and wait for it… Chelsea Clinton (ugh) from my most favorite photo ever.

Winona Ryder and Halle Berry for my second best photo. Me thinks I’ll take the latter, thanks much! No men matched me. Guess that makes me a girly girl. This site is so cool!

12. Becky says:

Smiling: Zhang Ziyi and Hilary Duff. YIKES. Hillary Duff has VENEERS. Shoot me now!

OK, this is way too much fun, especially since I am honored with the closely matched face of…Anna Kournikova! Wow, this is really kinda scary. I am seriously considering calling my mother (is she really my mom?) and complaining that Anna got the tennis lessons and I didn’t.

14. maryse says:

maurice chevalier was a very famous french singer. he was the old guy who sang “thank heaven for little girls” in gigi.

depending on the photo i got everything from “no matches” to oscar wilde, the lead singer from the red hot chili peppers, ewan mcgregor on the male side (i had a higher percentage with males actually probably due to my larger than average schnoze) to uma thurman! drew barrymore juliette binoche and keira knightly (i got her twice in two different photos. weird huh.

15. Lolly says:

I tried six different pictures, but none of them got any results! :( I am not giving up though! I tried my husband, and he got Russell Crowe, which I have never seen before (and honestly, still don’t see…)

Thanks for the fun too, Bonne!

16. Lolly says:

I finally got it to work, and I got Hilary Duff, Cate Blanchett and JK Rowling…. thanks for the fun link!

17. miriam says:

Both my son and I got Kathern Hepburn!

cool!