Tuesday, November 29,2005

Pattern: Chic Knits
Designer: Bonne Marie Burns
Yarn: Black Water Abbey
Color: Navy
Gauge: 18sts/24rows over 4″
Needles: #6, #7 & #8

Knowing, on this grey, cloudy day, I didn’t stand a chance inH of taking a good picture of this wonderful color, I give you the above – including, at no extra cost, the Fred&George hair! I figure this Fusion Knitting thing is as close as I’ll get to the Molly Weasley School of Knitting…

The Yarn: I fell in love with this yarn at a fiber fest this summer – and before I could shout IMPEDIMENTA! it jumped out of the booth an into my bag. Stupified, I carried it home, without a clue as to what I was going to do with it. Even though the vendor (the actual BWA people) had a trunk show going on in the booth with a whole cast of cable rich characters, I longed for something that would just show off the beauty of the color of this yarn.

And so it became the simplest of all – Stockinette Stitch – perfect for a run on the knitting machine with Hand Finishing of the edges. Out of this yarn, even the lowly St st has reached its top form. BWA makes a firm FABRIC and this sweater reminds me of my favorite DARK Blue Jean Jacket – I have little pockets (rounded bottoms this time out but just big enough for the keys & cards) that button and a nice shaped fit.

Elemental (still in the finishing stages) my Dear Watson! (DONE!)

15 Responses to “Tuesday, November 29,2005”

1. Scout says:

You’re so damn cute!

2. irene says:

Bonne, you somehow make it so cool to be Irish and this Watson thing just screams it. Lovely, simple, relaxed, elegant and sporty, all at the same time. You’ve inspired me to make a bigger deal about my maiden name.

3. Marg says:

Another loverly project from Mizz Bonne Marie! The navy doesn’t photo particularly well, but I can tell it’s smooth and simple. :-) Machine be-darned; I’d do this by hand!

4. Lolly says:

Just brilliant! Love the simple stockinette – cables, lace, and fancy pants stitches are fun, but I always LOVE stockinette. Looks great on you too — you are so cute! ;)

5. Pam says:

Lovely sweater — I have some dark slate BWA yarn coming to me as we speak. I can’t wait.

6. Sahara says:

Wow, Bonne, That sweater looks beautiful. Sometimes Stockinette is the best answer for a yarn.

I received the color card and the shades are outta control! I was wondering how this yarn knitted up. Thanks for the info.

BTW, do you think it will get softer with washing?

7. Maggi says:

A dark beauty, and divine with the Weasley locks! I was going through patterns last night and realized I’m ready to try the combo thang ~ found the perfect sweater for Wee C with no shaping. Thanks as ever for inspiring ~

8. margene says:

Very, very cool! Simple and perfect. BWA makes such beautiful fabric. Nice work.

9. Terry says:

Wonderful decision as to what you did w. the BWA yarn. I’d say you look quite happy there. How did those BWA skeins “jump” into your tote anyway? (hee-hee, we know how…) I bought about 8 colors of the 1 oz. skeins, very nice to fondle!

10. Marymarci says:

GREAT Sweater! Someone has been to seen the new Harry Potter movie and finished reading all the books, I take it.

11. claudia says:

Me, I love the hair.

Very nice!

13. Debi says:

Hubba hubba on the hair and the sweater is dishy too :)

14. Emy says:

Love the hair, and really, the scoop with the yarn must be that instead of IMPEDIMENTA, what came out was ACCIO! ;)

Oh Emy! How well you can READ MY MIND! It is always shouting ACCIO to any yarn in range… :)