Thursday, November 10, 2005

Now more than ever, we need some COLOR!

Here we are, heading into the dreaded PARKA season (how I envy the fashionably coated fems on the #66 – and there are some beauties out there this year!), while I’m wrapped from head to toe in navy, brown or black, and it’s time to do something…

colorscarf.jpg

I got started on this scarf while I was visiting Northern Michigan – this is some Diakato (sp?) yarn (color 41) that jumped out at me while I was shopping one day. Can I spell b-l-i-m-e-y? You bet! And burgundy and bright turquoise and orange and shocking pink. AND more variations of lime/kiwi/green than you can shake an entire forest at.

Believe it or not, the green is the Neutral in all this. Just like in nature, where the color of the leaf or stem doesn’t subtract or clash with the flower and bud, the Greens in this yarn mix blend those BRIGHT colors together into a funky wearable Whole. Might just work with my burgundy bucket hat OR (and I have my fingers tightly crossed for this) if I have enough yarn, I can make my favorite hat

14 Responses to “Thursday, November 10, 2005”

1. Ann says:

Hey, lovelovelove the socks, I mean the yarn, wait I mean both…Wait. I’m gonna have to get me some of that. Bloggers sure make me want to shop! What beautiful stuff.

2. Ann says:

Oh, sheesh. Not socks. I got distracted by the yarn. Sorry.

3. Lolly says:

Those colors are amazing!

4. stacey says:

I LOVE that yarn!!!! Where did you find it? I did a quick google search for the name but came up empty….

5. Wanda says:

Beautiful yarn. That will definitely break up the monotony of parka season and perk it up a notch! Love the colors, just beautiful.

Oh, for the person looking for thename of the yarn, the line of yarns is called Diakeito, but I’m not sure which one Bonne Marie is actually using.

6. Jen says:

Awesome colors! Eye popping. Hooray for creativity in the midst of Chicago winter!

I think the yarn is called Diamuse? I am out without a label to refer to but that is pretty close…

8. freecia says:

Wow. How did you get it to striple so perfectly?

I cannot tell a lie. I am doing nothing more than knitting! The yarn is self-striping – it is really a never-ending surprise to see what color/stripe width is going to pop up next. At first, I was a little scared of the yarn but now I’m going *bring it*…

10. Claire says:

I love Diakeito, it makes an excellent multidirectional scarf too !!!!!

11. Kathy in San Jose says:

Diamusee is the name of the yarn (Diakeito is the manufacturer). This is soft stuff and the colors are gorgeous! I’m making DH’s sweater out of the Diadomina, and it’s sooo nice.

12. Christine says:

Please, please, please let me know what pattern you used for that scarf. I HAVE to make it; I’m ordering the yarn right now. Thanks!!

Hi Christine – I will be releasing this scarf pattern in the Chic Knits catalog in the near future – if you like, please sign up on the notify list you’ll find in the right-hand column and you can get an email when it launches…

14. Ellen says:

Oh, Ms. Bonne Marie!
    You really know how to pick ‘em.
    I was having a semi-official yarn buying hiatus, which may have to be interrupted now. Tee hee!