Monday Morning Mirth April 12, 2010

stuff-8556

After spending loads of time wrestling with the Tax Man the last few days, I went caaarazy! After I dropped my stuff at the post office, I drove around with a singularly light-head — paying the man seems to be spelled r.e.l.i.e.f, non?

And where of all places did I end up? The local Joann Fabric store where I happily discovered they were having a notions sale!

I picked up every kind of fastener know to modern man! (I must say, in retrospect, it seems like one of the more pathetic hee-haws of my short life. I’ve been lusting after those kilt pins since 7th Grade!)

But hey! How do YOU give yourself a little hug after a bogus, but unavoidable deadline is achieved…?

9 Responses to “Monday Morning Mirth April 12, 2010”

1. Susan says:

Like this: http://jellidonut.blogspot.com/2010/04/only-wimp-reads-manual.html

Hug? Mine is more like a vise grip! I think yours is great, btw.

2. katy says:

shopping, definitely! you did the right thing :)

3. Tara says:

I splurge on a pedicure! That’s what I did when my taxes were done.

4. Rosemary C says:

Notions? Chocolate!!!!! But then, notions do not go straight to your thighs. :)

5. marianne says:

Right brain, left brain. I think I got that backwards. Is it only Monday? :)

6. marianne says:

Okay my first comment didn’t get posted and now I just seem overly mixed up. So in an attempt to sound better and not crazy, yes I also like to cruise our local Beverly’s (I think this is like Joanne’s) after a hard week. It’s fun to look at the fabric, yarn, notions etc and leave my accounting work, LEFT brain, and move into a RIGHT brain state of mind.

How about a pedicure while eating chocolate? The nail place by my house let’s you BYOB and it’s not uncommon to see two or three ladies sitting side-by-side with a nice glass of wine…

8. MelissaG says:

Chocolate, yarn, latte…not necessarily in that order.

9. marianne says:

Pedicure, chocolate, wine… I’m there! But I’m out in California, darn it.