Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A more sane, nay, a more moderate person would’ve been within the laws of fiber and nature to just go home and unwind. Apr

18 Responses to “Tuesday, August 16, 2005”

1. Beth S. says:

I am beyond thrilled that you are venturing into Shawl Territory! Flower Basket is a good pattern to start with. It’s such a cheerful, happy shawl; you can’t go wrong with it. :-)

2. Katie says:

Hey there – I’ve been looking for a picture of your Gwyneth. It sounds lovely and I’d love to see it. Any pictures on your blog that I just missed? Thanks!

3. Theresa says:

Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. I definitely like the second shawl choice better for the yarn. Is this some Dzined stuff? I still have a couple of skeins of that lurking around and really need to figure out something to do with it.

Hey T! That IS Dzined yarn – it’s the Sportweight hemp/wool blend option. They also have one that has a little mohair in it that I love for socks.

Do you remember the shoulder wrap Corinne was wearing at the CCM Shakedown? That also inspired me to try this – hers was soooo pretty :)

5. Danielle says:

Mmmm … I love hearing about the thought process that knitters go through when they pick a yarn/pattern/design. Thanks for photo-documenting it too!

6. claudia says:

Flower Basket. Good choice.

7. Tanya says:

Lace is soooo addictive. The colors in that yarn are very lovely. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. Also, thanks for not only posing with my felted monkey, Zira, at Stitches but also putting her link on your blog :)

Tanya

8. kim says:

FBS, ahhhhhhh, excellent choice for that yarn. Enjoy!

9. Miriam says:

YAY shawls!! Shawls are the best. But keep in mind with your color changes that the rows near the end eat up yarn at exponential rates compared to the rows at the top. Good luck!

10. Tina says:

Okay, a day behind and wanted to post about the Linguistic Profile… They forgot the option “bubbler” for question #6, I just chose one because we don’t use either round here in Milwaukee.

11. Amanda says:

More yarn? I thought you said you didn’t need any more…Maybe need wasn’t the word–you wanted more, didn’t you?!

12. KarenB says:

OK. What was in the water at Stitches? I, too, have come away with thoughts of lace patterns. In fact, I’m swatching Falling Leaves from the book Lavish Lace. I’m also looking into making Kiri for the laceweight kid mohair I got.

Why, since I am not a shawl fan? Because it’s purty!

13. Corinne says:

Hey–you make me want to get started on mine! Tonight at the guild meeting I found the perfect design for that Polwarth/silk blend. Going to Stitches just ramps up my desire to make things!

14. Becky says:

Woo hoo! Never say never. And you really know how to pick ‘em, because the colorway in that yarn works perfectly with the stitch pattern.

Amanda – you BELIEVED me when I said I wasn’t going to buy any yarn!!!

WOOT! I LIE LIKE A RUG!!!!!!!!!

16. Amanda says:

Believe you?! I never said that… I was just repeating what YOU said. :-)

17. Loren says:

Is this a sign of the times? First, it was the Summer of Lace with Wendy and now you have ventured in Shawl Territory. It seems we knitters have tired of the novelty yarn and gotten back to the real stuff. I like the way you swatched everything. I wish I had that type of patience with my knitting.

18. camille says:

I just finished a FBS of my own, in lace-weight kid mohair/merino/microfiber. Orange and blue…what an idea…I would wrap up in it this fall at my alma mater’s football games! Gorgeous yarn. I also went a little, ahem, nuts at Stitches Midwest! I went on Friday and I think I spent the whole rest of the weekend knitting my new threads :)