Tuesday, June 21, 2005

greetings.jpg

click HERE for a picture visit…

12 Responses to “Tuesday, June 21, 2005”

1. Gina says:

There is nothing like homemade peanut brittle. Yum.

2. Julie says:

Glad you liked Jonesboro. We moved to Jonesboro when I was 8 months old and lived there until I was 10. Then we moved just slightly south to Locust Grove, which is close to Jackson. Interesting factoid for Gone With the Wind junkies: In the movie, Scarlett is seen writing a check drawn on the Bank of Clayton County. When my parents opened up their checking account at the local bank, instead of blue or green, the standard checks all had a picture of Tara on them! The bank kept up this tradition even after it was bought out by a big conglomerate. I always thought the checks were so pretty! Just thought you’d like to know!

3. Sally says:

You’re starting to even sound southern. I think I can hear a drawl. Glad you are enjoying the trip. What are you knitting?

4. Marg says:

After all those nummies, do your sweaters still fit, darlin’? ;-)

5. Heidi says:

Sounds like a fun trip! Southern food is soooo good.

6. christina b. says:

Ooo looks like a delicious visit…

7. Nancy J says:

AH. Now I’m hungry :-( No fiber?

8. Wanda says:

Looks like you had fun and lots of good food to eat too!

9. Sarah says:

I love your photo visit! You can’t beat the south for some good fried food!

RE: your side column…interesting to note that Brad Pitt is actually a trained architect. So I don’t think I’d mind him redo-ing my house. Especially if he was there the whole time…

I stuffed myself with vegetables (YUM on that pepper vinegar sauce by Bruce Foods) along with the Golden Goodness of that chicken, so I didn’t come home TOO puffy, just a little :)

When asked what was the secret of the coating on the bird, the cook at Buckner’s said it was *FooFoo Powder*. Hmmm. Where can I get some of THAT in Chicago?

11. Becky says:

Oooh! Love this visit. I’m also drooling over the PEANUT BRITTLE. Anything made with peanuts is my kinda food.

12. miriam says:

I could send y’all a real easy rec. for homemade peanut brittle if you want. I’m from Virginia and we know peanuts!