Monday, June 6, 2005

Monday Morning Mirth

parisparis.jpg
Paris Hilton & Paris Latsis

**********************************************
Quelle surprise!

Paris and Paris!!!

Non! Not the City – the LoveBirds!!!

Join me in celebrating all that is Love & Roses as P & P announce their engagement in this traditional month of weddings…

**********************************************

WHO is Paris Latsis?

Paris H comments on her fiance…

Sidebar Obsession: don’tcha ever wonder why parents name their kids the things they do (starting with MOI!) My ever favorite namings are those whose first name is exactly the same as their last. In my case, this would be Bonne Bonne (bon-bon for those wondering how my name is pronounced -nay bonneeebonneee). How about Steve Stephens (I love that one!) Paul Paulson. Peter Peters…

You get the drift – any favorites?

27 Responses to “Monday, June 6, 2005”

1. Teresa says:

My fave: Dick Richards.

2. Kay says:

Kris Kristofferson of course!

The Paris/Paris marriage sounds like something Nostradamus must have predicted as occurring just before The End of Time. Scary stuff.

xxo Kay

3. Julie says:

I have a cousin — he was born 8th of 8 kids — and my great aunt and uncle named him Morgan Morgan.

4. Brenda in Toronto says:

My dear friend Sam Samm.

5. Jen says:

My favorite was a guy my dad went to high school with – Ludwig Ludwigson. Was called Luddy. Very funny!

6. Barbara Jolley says:

I have know 2 (count ‘em two) Tommy Thompsons in my life and my Freshman lab partner was David Davidson. Now it is confession time. My daughter is named Shannon Elizabeth Shannon. NOT my idea, her Dad insisted. She goes by Elizabeth, but likes the distinctness of her name. No one ever fogets her. It helps that she is an at-times artist. While my brother commented when her name was announced that she would elope at the age of 15; she now, in her mid-20 has declared that she will keep her maiden name if/when she does get married.

7. ellen says:

My husband worked:
    Doc Dochterman (but his first name was actually Ludwig!)
    Tim Timmerman (my daughter would sing his name, substituting it for Chim Chiminey, Chim Chiminey….you get the drift..)

8. ellen says:

Oh sorry…meant to say,”husband worked with”.
    Here are a few more:
    Ellen Ellenbogen – went to my high school
    Arnold Arnold – a childhood psychologist whose book my mom-in-law had
    That’s all for now!

9. Toby Wollin says:

I went to college with a guy named Michael M. Michael (I’ll leave it to your imagination as to what that middle initial stood for). Whenever he’d come into the dining hall, people would start singing his name to the tune of “Supercalifragelisticespialidocious”. As I recall, he hated it.

10. kitty kitty says:

My uncle was actually was voting to name me Meredith Ann Meredith. Instead I just got 4 first names.

11. Urraca says:

4 Gonzalo Gonz

12. D R E W says:

I went to high school with a girl named Krusta Schenck. Pronounced: “Kru-sta Skank”

I’m Not kidding.

13. Kitty says:

Went to school with ‘Ruth Ruth’. For real.

14. Krista Jo says:

I knew an “Evan Evans,” but my favourites are three brothers named “Rakesh”, “Ramesh”, and “Rajesh”.

15. susan says:

i had a teacher named richard richards who could touch his elbow to his toe with his leg stretched straight… also went to school with tequila and tequila, twins… one is regular pronunciation, the other is more like tekweela…

susan

16. Wendy says:

Growing up, we actually had TWO Robert Robertsons living across the street from us.

17. AmyP says:

My mum taught a Hugh Ray (hoo-ray). She said “Your parents must have been really happy when you were born?”. He didn’t get it.
    She also taught a Gordon Bennett!

18. martha says:

Lots of Tommy Thompsons, and a Parker Parker too.

19. Lisa says:

I went to high school with an Ivar Ivarson the THIRD!

20. Christy says:

I used to know a Brian O’Brien.

21. Stephanie VW says:

Hee hee – I knew a Richard Richardson from my hometown.

But if we’re on the topic of horribly names, the best ever was a guy my university roommates knew from their hometown in Newfoundland: Harold Butt. No word of a lie. Harry still lives there.

(My cousin’s husband said he knew a girl named Sheila Harriet Isabelle Thomas and that it wasn’t until high school that her parents allowed her to change the Isabelle to Elizabeth. I don’t know if this story is true, but check what her initials spell.)

22. Rachele says:

I grew up with a Misty Hays, and there’s always Gail Weathers, the bitchy weather girl on Scream.

23. Kim says:

Well, I remember the Indiana basketball player later to become football coach at IU – Cam Cameron.

24. Jenny says:

I knew a Johnny Johnson in elementary school. I also work at an elementary school and I get to see some really bizarre names like Random and Ocean but the one that really gets me is Harry Johnson.

25. Ashley says:

In my sister dorm there was this guy named Smitty Smith.

26. stephanie says:

I once knew 2 bros., Reny & Remy. I’ve known a couple of Tommy Thompsons, and known of a Cathy Catherine – her married name!

27. rose says:

oOOh, I’m late but I have a good one. Dick Ryder. And his wife, who proudly signed her name “Mrs. Dick Ryder”

Also, a high school principal named Dick Payne.