Thursday, April 29, 2004

Broadripple minus Googley Eyes…
sockb1.jpg

All About SockB

Pattern: Rob Mytaska’s Broadripple Sock Pattern
- my gauge is different than what is given; it makes a perfect measurement for my foot using the original number count.

Yarn: Opal *Magic* Color 1051

Needles: Addi Turbo, size 1

My Gauge: 9sts / 11 rows

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

…all photos & graphics

6 Responses to “Thursday, April 29, 2004”

1. Rob says:

Eeeees very very booteeful!

Great work, Bonne Marie. Thanks for sharing!

2. Knittykim says:

cool socksies. I have Opal and may now use it for Broadripple as it is sanctioned by the Bonne Tricoteuse (sorry if i misspelled). one question, How oh how do you knit socks on a circular? That “flying sock” picture from a previous day looked like it had one circular, as does broadripple. you genius, you. Just tricksy, ain’t ya?

3. Meg says:

That striped/fairisle yarn is lovely – even more so in that pattern. The movement of the colors & pattern in the stitches is so cool!

4. Julie says:

Cool Broadripples. I like what’s happening with the self striping pattern. I’m making a pair of Broadripples with Bearfoot right now and I’m loving the pattern. Different than the plain old ss in the round socks, but still easy enough to be mindless.

Very tricksies indeed…

I am dbl-point impaired – can’t eat with chopsticks either.

That is a 32″ circ – the handy Melinda shares how:

6. Gail says:

I had just been wondering how broadripple would look with a self striping yarn. It looks great! I like how the lines break up.

Not that I’m much of a sock knitter. Which doesn’t explain why I recently bought some self striping sock yarn.