Tuesday, January 18, 2004

tweedy4.jpg
meet my little NeoRetro Friend

Now that the single digit weather has driven me indoors and face first into this computer screen, I’ve had time to roust around my web site.

MISSING: whatever happened to Tweedy Bird?

I finished this jacket a while ago (ahem, end of October) and just never got around to taking it’s portrait. Afer wrestling with photos while it was in progress, I realized that DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY just ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. And, I wasn’t going to pull out ye olde film camera.

FILM?

(Insert maniacal laughter here…) THAT would be so extraordinary, that even though Retro is trending all over the fashion pages, the thought of going back to the evil old days of film processing made me just stall and then dive for cover. But I think it would’ve made a better picture – digital has a very hard time capturing TWEED!

tweedy5.jpg
Still not the clearest shot on the planet, but you get the idea.

Loops Galore! Braid! A really great fiT! Even my family thought it was cool! I wore it to the Cathedral on Sunday after New Year’s with a fitted black skirt and knee high black boots. The guy at the parking garage gave me the *special* cheap rate to park my car even though it wasn’t time. I told him I’d pray for him…

16 Responses to “Tuesday, January 18, 2004”

1. carrie says:

Stunning! Now I have to go back and check out the making of Tweedy Bird ~

2. jo says:

Definitely worth the camera with film. Very classy and I can imagine how good it looked with a black skirt and boots (though having more difficulty working out how the parking guy would see it at that time of year; weren’t you wearing a coat!)

3. Judy says:

SO beautiful, I am a real ‘loop’ lover. Very very classy. You must have been a knock out in it.

4. claudia says:

Well Ms. Bonne “oh by the way I finished a sweater and forgot to show it” Marie, very stylish. Keep warm.

5. Michelle says:

Very very nice! Right up my alley…wish I could see you in the whole ensemble!

6. Jackie says:

Wow, that’s gorgeous. Truly.

7. margene says:

Very, very chic!!

8. Lisa says:

Bonnie: That sweater is fabulous! I love it! The fringed collar is great! Youa re so very creative. Just finished another Lo-Tech (this one for my Mom) – your patterns are great! Just started a Gigi for me!

9. Toby Wollin says:

Bonne Marie — well, since it’s 6 degrees without the wind chill here in Upstate NY today, I was finding it a little problematic, as hardy as you are out there in Chicago, to grasp the boots and skirt routine, until I checked with NOAA.GOV for Sunday, Jan. 2. The weather station at O’Hare claims that the high was 54 on that day and the low was 33. Is that right? Did you have it that warm? No wonder you could get away with a cotton sweater!! Not today, I’ll bet.

10. Wendy says:

Okay, this is a really great pattern. Any chance it will be for sale? Please say yes.

Wendy

11. aimee says:

Cutie! I love the tailored look.

12. Teresa says:

Wow! Love Tweedy Bird, Bonnemarie!
    If we say “Pretty Please with Sugar on Top” would you make the pattern available?

Right you are, oh Toby! It was unseasonably warm that day- almost 60! – would that it was today (18 degrees). I wore the jacket over a silk blouse and had a rain coat with me in my car. The yarn is actually a heavy boucle and not like cotton at all, with the added acrylic – quite warm…

Don’t know about a pattern here – that collar is a trickster in many ways and I don’t know if I’m skilled enough to be able to author directions to it for multiple sizes. Sometimes with knitting, you just do it as it goes… :)

14. Rachael says:

Love, love, love.
    Love.

15. absolutely lovely. i feel stylish just looking at it!

16. Stella says:

Hi Bonne, Very stylish! A sweater with built-in parking karma can’t be beat, either!