Tuesday, May 26, 2009

sandrine-9waawaa-p1000399

There’s so much cookin’ in the Chez Chic Kitchen, something’s about to explode! The hut is so littered with projects papers boxes and more that I want to run away and sit on the porch, just rockin’ and knittin’.

But my go-to Soother is mocking me.

sandrine-9waawaa-p1000393

The dreaded Second Sleeve Syndrome is in full fledged glory over here and the more I knit on this the shorter the 2nd sleeve seems.

sandrine-9waawaa-p1000397

Now that’s really just an optical illusion because rows is rows, rounds is rounds. And these, are they the longest in the history of man, or is it tricksie? THIS is after all, the widest part of the sleeve, at the underarm, and even though it seems like I’m not making much progress at all, I AM. I wanted to stay up all last night knitting and knitting after I reached this point of understanding that it was getting skinnier and skinnier with less and less effort.

The yarn felt so soft and cottony and soothing it was like a little babie’s blankie and before I knew it, I was chin down, bubble-lipped sleeping in my chair! Now I know some kinds of cats drool when they’re happy so mission accomplished (I think).

sandrine-9waawaa-p1000400

Who’s laughing now, Sleeve #2?

>>>>>> Read all posts in this category: Cotton Sandrine.

6 Responses to “Tuesday, May 26, 2009”

1. meg says:

You’re so funny! Nodding means not enough coffee ;o)

2. Barbara-Kay says:

This, too, shall pass, or should I say, grow?

3. Kathy says:

Bonne- what does “chuck up the sponge sucker…” mean? I’m an ICU nurse and I have my own ideas of what sponges are…

HEE! That’s a term from the boxing world!

“Throw in the Towel – Boxing: To surrender, admit defeat. Originally throw up the sponge or chuck up the sponge; OED cites “from the practice of throwing up the sponge used to cleanse the combatants’ faces, at a prize~fight, as a signal that the ‘mill’ is concluded.” (1860) [88] The phrase throw in the towel in a non-boxing sense first dates to 1916 in a book by C. J. Dennis

5. techie_chick says:

You keep taunting me with this sweater. The news that the sleeves are interminable may help me to finish the 3 other sweaters I’m working on first… So thank you!

6. Susan says: