Monday, September 20, 2004

Monday Morning Mirth

bio.jpg
a sweet little oil painting from the Renegade
which I’ve dubbed *She Bangs*…

For years and years, I asked the multitude of hairdressers I’ve known and dissed to cut my hair into BANGS on my forehead.
Most scoffed, pouted, then cut the hair.

My hair does’nt do BANGS.

I have what my Mother calls KooKaDEEkoos because my hair is wavy and FLIPS. These little cowlicks now, years later, form a rather fine lifted hairline around my face.

I saw this picture at the Renegade Craft Fair and brought it home in honor of All the Bangs I’ve Loved Before…

dontcha ever wonder where the term *Bangs* came from?

go HERE and read the entry called: “Bang Bang”

8 Responses to “Monday, September 20, 2004”

1. Jessica says:

I prefer the English term. “Fringe” sounds so much better than “bangs.”

2. Marg says:

Gosh, the things I learn reading your blog! :-)

3. Rose says:

Do you know the wonderful love song They Might Be Giants recorded, “Bangs”? It’s on the album Mink Car. “Bangs / Are that on which the world hangs / I’m only holding your hand so I can look at your bangs // Bangs / Are like a pocket t-shirt / As casual as that while fully intentional …. And although I like you anyway, check out your haircut / A proscenium to stage a face that needs no makeup”

I don’t even have bangs and I think it’s one of the loveliest, most specific love songs I’ve ever heard. (Plus, it rocks!)

4. froggy says:

very cute pic. interesting link, learn something new everyday. i can always count on your blog for interesting info, knit and nonknit related.

5. Donna says:

You are so funny! What is it about redheads wanting straight hair and bangs? I spent half my life hating red hair and wanting bangs like all of my friends. Now I’m a blonde who has bangs and plans to get rid of them soon.

6. kate says:

I have flippy bangs too! And all of the hair on the left side of my head flips away when it’s at that pretty short but not super short length. Love the picture. Wish I looked that cute when my hair does what it wants.

7. carrie m says:

oh, i love that painting. does the artist have a web presence?

Good question, but I don’t know! I’ll try to find out – in general, when there is a website, I post the URL…