Wednesday, April 14, 2004

============================
Onde = Wave = Ombre

the excitement continues!

onde7.jpg

Who knew this cardi would be so HIP?! The Onde/Ombre/Wave look is all over the place and I’m knitting mine as fast as my little fingers will go.

It’s become my TV viewing knitting – who could protest the simplicity of stockinette stitch while gobbling up some fields and frames of pixelated pixels?

Last night, I got 5″ done on my first sleeve – enough to now see the WAVE begin. You can see the ball has shrunk dramatically and now is a very pale lavender. Amazingly, the picture won’t *look* absolutely exciting until it goes to white and you can see the whole progression.

WHO doesn’t NEED these?
pradaombre.jpg
courtesy Neiman Marcus

These lovely PRADA Ombre Pumps for Spring carry the WARNING:
Due to high demand, a customer may order no more than three units of this item every thirty days.

8 Responses to “Wednesday, April 14, 2004”

1. Becky says:

I love those shoes. I LOVE ‘EM! Leave it to you to find *the* perfect shoe for Onde.

2. lisa says:

It looks fantastic! I can’t wait to see the finished piece, but then I might have to go buy that yarn my self to knit one up. Your work is always so inspiring!

3. Marie says:

The cardi is looking lovely and the shoes look fab but heels just aren’t for me. I get a terrible cramp in my ankles if I try to walk in them. I’ll keep to my trusty DMs! :-)

4. Pubah says:

BTW, Gigi would “Onde” beautifully, non?

5. Cyndilou says:

OY! Now I am REALLY bummed about not getting to go to the Prada store when I was in Milan a couple weeks ago. Those shoes are fab! BTW, how accruate do the measurements of the Onde pattern seem to be? I’m considering getting the kit, but I’m a bit *ahem* well developed in the upper stories. Making a fabulous sweater that ends up too small would be too depressing. :)

6. Those are gorgeous shoes! It is fun to see how the sweater will turn out!

7. Rose says:

I just bought those shoes and the matching purse(but in the grey ombre) in Las Vegas (Bellagio Hotel, Prada)!! I wore them last Friday and let me tell you… they are a DREAM!!!

8. Cinnamon says:

Oh, yes! Please tell me that Gigi would work with the Onde yarn. Pretty, pretty please. I love that sweater, more than anything else I’ve seen lately, and I love the Onde yarn so bad it hurts. Please give me an excuse to throw out my “No more yarn buying” badge.