Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blimey! What makes me greener with envy than the lovely sweaters above?

Camp Crowsfeet!

My Chicago friend and all-around cosmopolitan traveler, Angela, just returned from five days(!) on Orcas Island in Washington State mingling with world-class knitters and their socks…

She sent me some *postcards* of…RIBBYS! (That’s Tapmouse on the left, Nartian on the right in the upper picture and the lovely Lou below!)

I’ve been reading all the posts around blog-town and most intriguing to me: the SOCK MONKEYS (check out Cookie A’s flickrstream)! (whoa…but I must say the *Knitting with Turkey Basters* competition was very intairressting as well…)

This is a triple play for sure: friends, Washington State, knitting…

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through all the fun!

8 Responses to “Thursday, May 1, 2008”

1. Melanie says:

The “other lovely lady” is my friend Lou from Richmond, VA! A proud member of the Knitters for Knockers team as well!!!! :-):-)

Thanks Melanie! YAY Lou & Knitters for Knockers!!

3. Nartian says:

It was so nice meeting Angela and camp was way too fun.

Since Angela was in a different group from us during classes, I missed showing off my Twist sweater to her as well.

But we love your patterns and we’re looking forward to doing more incarnations of the Ribby Pulli along with the others in our queue.

Oooh, I hadn’t heard about the knitting with Turkey basters comp. I have to check that out. Some of those sock monkeys are down right genius.

Angela’s sock monkey absolutely cracks me up: it’s holding SKEINS of sock yarn and an AmEx:

6. Cece says:

I was there! You should have come with us – it was a BLAST!!!

7. Cathy-Cate says:

I NOTICED the ribbys at camp!
    Yes, I saw Angela there, it was great to see her again!

Her sock monkey rocked! (and oh, so true! especially the way it’s possessively clutching those skeinlets!)

The teachers got to knit with turkey basters. They lucked out. I had to knit with a 2 1/2 inch wooden dowel and a big metal thing that looked like an opened up paper clip with hooks on each end. ‘Twas a challenge. But I came in second in the “I can knit with anything” contest, right behind CeCe and her spatula and toothbrush!

: )
    Wish you were there!

8. Leslie says:

Did you know that the Sexy Knitters Club nominated Aleita for its spring KAL?