Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chic Knits downloadable knitting patterns

Whew! Move it! All the way up to the Armscye! I re-knit the kanga pocket with a needle one size smaller than what I was using on the Body and all is well. I couldn’t wait to see how it played out so I hit it with the steam iron…

I love to press.

Giddy with cabin fever, somehow putting my first wee sleeve around the neck of Mistress Mannie just seemed right; I thought it ironic that it looks so natural there and am just itching to go measure my neck circumference now to see what’s up with that :)

This is going rather quickly now that I’ve finished the purple Eyelet Cardi. Aye, but does the Cheese Stand Alone!?

I always admire those who knit one thing at a time to completion, in fact I adore them! But I know that will never be my future. I exist in the exciting multiproject universe where no number of WIPs is too high!

There are all sorts of half-bakes all over this cabin, some pretty close to finishing, some recently arrived RAW…

L.E.T.IT.S.N.O.W…

8 Responses to “Tuesday, February 26, 2008”

1. @Michelle says:

I live in your universe and love life there as well!

2. Wannietta says:

I love that colour – tres spring-like!!
    I don’t quite get the whole “one WIP at a time” thing, but I do limit myself to one sock project at a time.

3. Melanie says:

Love that color! I just got that pattern and I’m looking forward to starting on it!

Egads, every time I see it I just fall more and more in love with that color. It is going to look smashing on you, you sexy redhead you. A turtleneck ribbi pulli? I like it, I like it.

5. Wanda says:

I adore the color of your Ribby Pulli. I am not one of the monogamous, one project knit until it’s completed type of knitter either. Variety is the spice of life and I need it. I cannot be true to only one knitting project at a time, if I do, then no knitting gets done because I don’t like being told what to do, even by myself! (heehee!)

You about made me splurk coffee all over my monitor: “..I don’t like being told what to do, even by myself!”

Rebel, Rebel!!!

7. Karen B. says:

That sweater in the making is dee-vine! The shame of my many WIPS is that I start out strong on all but finish very few of them. This doesn’t stop me from starting up a new one though :o)

8. Seanna Lea says:

Every once in a while I am working on one project at a time (umm, right now I have something like 10 projects listed, but I am really only working on one of them mostly to the exclusion of everything else). It seems like such a good idea, but I spend a lot of my knitting time browsing over what I’m going to make next.

So, multiple projects good! Project monogamy, meh!