Friday, January 25, 2008

bootie1_0779.jpg

Being a little slow on the uptake could be blamed on the thermometer, but in this case, it was just personal.

I was one of the latecomers to the Chevron Scarf (still WIP) party going on.

And now, perhaps, I’m just a gate crasher to the Festival of Bootie that is the Baby Ugg!~

What tipped the scales?

I’ve never knit booties before, although I’d like nothing more than to sit with a cup of hot anything this morning (Temperature / -4

15 Responses to “Friday, January 25, 2008”

1. Michelle says:

where can i purchase the pattern?! too cute!

2. Patty says:

Good Morning – We’re thinking of you – it’s zero in NE this morning! Can’t wait to see those booties! Have a great weekend.

Here’s the URL for the free pattern:

Stay WARM!

4. Karen B. says:

That “server” is absolutely brilliant! I’m off to get my cuppa and finish knitting my footwear. happy bootie knitting.

5. Beth says:

Don’t forget the cute matching hat

I love those booties and am glad you reminded me of them – I have some baby shower knitting to do, too!

Oh my, those are adorable!

7. Mary says:

They will turn out great! It’s such a fun pattern. That lil’ one will be stylin’ from the word go!

8. Michelle says:

Hey, great idea with the the “yarn on a spit”. I stay away from twisty ribbon yarn because it makes me nuts, but you’ve given me hope with this little idea!

9. Michelle says:

Great idea, putting the yarn on a spit, so to speak! I stay away from those twisty yarns, but you’ve given me hope with that idea!

10. Paula says:

Baby UGG’s – a great choice – a friend of mine told me the other day she gave away her now 3 y.o.’s baby things, “But I kept the UGG’s”.

11. Seanna Lea says:

I love the yarn on a spit. I don’t use ribbon yarns very often, but when I do I try to let myself go with the flow and live with the twisting.

12. Cruz says:

Bonne Marie, you are brilliant! I want one of those baskets with a hinge. I’ve not seen one like this.

13. meg says:

Booties were the thing I was knitting when I finally figured out how to read a pattern. Must love booties! Those Kanga Roos boots are pretty cool, too though.

14. Laura says:

We were hatched from the same egg, I swear. I declared Booties to be enemy one many years ago, due to a botched attempt. But because a co-worker is giving birth and I wanted to do a Layette Set, I was forced to take the hate and put it aside. Now, I am addicted to the wee socks….addicted.

15. Marlena says:

Fantastic idea with the basket! I love Suede, but get so frustrated by the twistiness.