Friday, January 18, 2008

BigWoolHat_w_0758.jpg

big hat, big shag haircut

OK, I’ll admit it.

When I read that it was going to be 7

23 Responses to “Friday, January 18, 2008”

1. Toby Wollin says:

Seven degrees F? And that is without the wind chill, right? In addition to the drink lots of water, I’d add “and make friends with your moisturizer also.” When it’s this cold (and windy), my face turns into crack-city.

2. Maureen says:

May your wait for the 66 be short and your assignment be indoors.

Love the hat!

Gotta love January. We’re due for single digits here too. I’ve got one hat to finish, and socks to do, and plans for two more projects. As long as the boiler keeps up, we should be okay. Stay warm and take your own advice!

4. Stephanie says:

LOL. Love the advice – I’m in St. Louis right now, visiting from the sunny desert and am swathed in layers of knitwear to stay warm!

5. Patty says:

You’re singing my song Bonne Marie. Stay in…good food…knit,knit,knit! And…Go Patriots! ;-)

6. Patty says:

Very cute! But 7 degrees? Good night, I’d never survive.

8. Karen B. says:

Right on, right on! Time to make some oatmeal and stoke the fireplace.

9. CindyCindy says:

Your hat looks wonderful and warm, but are your little ears covered?

10. Unfortunately, my brother and his family are visiting this weekend. I’m hoping they are content to stay inside and cozy up…

Brrrrrlessings!

11. Beth S. says:

Nothing wrong with a good chunky hat! :-) And that salt-and-peppery one is classic. Should go with just about everything. ;-)

12. Sonya says:

Stay warm and knit! There is just something about a black and white plied yarn that just get me. Chocolate and chunky hat, sounds fortifying.

13. Gretchen says:

Very good! I crocheted myself a hat the other night. Our high is supposed to be -1 F Tomorrow. I doubt I’ll take the hat off all day!

Love the black and white!

14. rachel says:

Love the hat, love the shaggy hair even more!

And this list is cracking me up. I took the day off from work, made a batch of banana bread, and told Libby we were getting lots of snuggle/knitting time today.

15. meg says:

Excellent advice on every point! Esp. the last :) I plan to follow it to the letter.

16. VIVIAN says:

Wonderful advice! I intend do all ten this weekend here in Minneapolis.

17. Great hat, great haircut! Is Eastern Promises good? I’m looking for some dvds for the weekend, may try out Apple’s new iTunes video download service.

18. Michelle says:

Cute hat!

We shopped for supplies as if the apocalypse was coming so we can hole up all weekend long.

19. Michelle says:

Sounds like a great plan! We are supposed to get the super coldhere in Cleveland tomorrow!

20. Carol says:

I hope you get to do everything on the list. Looks like a great way to spend a weekend!

21. Michelle says:

Hey Bonne Marie, was just watching the weather here in Seattle. Looks like you are cold!! Hope your Winter woolens are keeping you nice and cozy!

22. Kristen says:

I have to say that lately I HAVE been wearing a hat inside…especially in the morning and what a difference! I am sooooo much warmer! (I am always freezing!) My family laughs at me but HEY..I am warm! AND I did take that Sat afternoon nap…… Stay warm everyone! It’s pretty darn cold tonight in Kennebunk, Maine!BRRRRR!

Oh, Oh, Oh, something so cool to tell you. Well in my world it’s cool. I am rekindling a relationship with my big sis who is a college prof in Chicago…AND she rides the 66. So, as she put it, “Tell her if she ever sees a grumpy-looking woman in glasses and a leather jacket, it’s probably me!” LOL.
    Also I love the big hat, adore the haircut, and stay warm!