Friday, January 11, 2008

Beryl_wip2_0734.jpg

Since this new threads Friday was rudely interrupted by a trip behind the Frog Shed, it was only fitting that something else spring from the ashes besides the original project while we waited for the yarn to dry.

My Selkirk Beryl is too big to go on the bus, but what you see on the left is just the right size. It is a pulli, of which I have too few, and it is being knit out of a cotton blend (now this is really moving forward)…

Beryl just needs buttonbands, a neckband and sleeve setting. I do my best finishing on weekend mornings, when the coffee is flowing and the sun is filling the room. During the week, like most toiling Midwesterners, I get up in the dark, and come home in the dark. Weekends are about the only time I really get to enjoy the power of the morning sun.

Since I started this week off musing about last year’s trends, I thought I’d finish it off with another type of inventory. Le Chic Knitting Blog is after all, a workshop, a studio, both a palace of works-in-progress, but also those that have gone beyond…

Chic Knits Pattern Releases 2007
1. Nicole (April)

2. ChicKami (May

8 Responses to “Friday, January 11, 2008”

1. rachel says:

Frog Shed!? Dang it! I hope New Threads Friday returns soon.

2. robin says:

I can’t wait to see your next pattern! I am thinking of making another Ariann because I love mine so much and wear it so often!

3. Karen B. says:

I marvel at your prolific and talented self, Ms. B! One day, when I grow up as a designer, can I hope to be as good as you.

Can’t wait to see what’s next!

4. claudia says:

Busy little bee, were you.

P.S. I have to stop myself wearing Ariann *every* day and give another sweater a chance.

5. Carol says:

I can’t wait to see what comes next! Happy weekend! I love browsing magazines and pattern books on weekend mornings with a big mug of coffee. Ahh, the good times.

6. Sil says:

Size actually DOES matter in a few very important areas, notebooks are not one of them. Correct!

I’m glad my sister is enjoying the Ariann I knit too small for ME! I’m planning on making myself one in the right size after the current cardie on needles is finished. I shall be very careful with the tapemeasure this time around.

7. karin says:

I am making a Ribbi cardi and am done with the back, and already deeply in love with the garment-to-be.

I am confused by your blog’s date stamp. It’s not saying 2008…

Oops! Looks like my fingers are not used to typing 2008 yet ;p