Monday, December 24, 2007

Monday Morning Mirth

DARE to WEAR!

FUG & nonFUG Ghosts from my Xmas Past
(for every year from 2001

8 Responses to “Monday, December 24, 2007”

1. Toby Wollin says:

Bonne Marie – I’m…speechless, really. Just goes to show that the spirit of whimsy has not entirely left the United States.

2. Corinne says:

Your Christmas ghosts are friendly–some of my favorites are there. I love the space dyed ski sweater, and Shazam is a masterpiece!

3. Wanda says:

I like a lot of those projects that you finished! Merry Christmas!

4. Karen B. says:

After looking at those Seattle-area entries, yours don’t even come close to the FUG-o-sphere, darlin’!

Merry Christmas, Bonne Marie.

5. Carol says:

Bonne,
    The most shocking thing about the Seattle series was that one of the subjects in photo #17 is wearing a traditional Norwegian sweater. Over a gaudy shirt and tie to be sure, but is this what the world – or the man wearing it – considers tacky. I don’t know whether to hope that he picked it up at Value Village, or that his sainted grandmother made it for him and he loves it, but knows that it doesn’t go well with a red plaid shirt.

Oh well, the author of the article also referred to sweaters having been around “since the loom was invented”

None of your entries approach tacky.

6. Laurel says:

Merry Christmas Bonne Marie! I *love* the ivory cabled sweater from 2001. Was that an original or is there, um, a pattern source you could share. :-)

7. Carol says:

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. oxox

8. Delica says:

That sweater slide show is exactly what is needed to relieve the craziness of the holiday season!