Tuesday, November 20, 2007

knitting patterns

I am very big fan of Finishing As You Go.

knitting patterns

I am also a very big fan of using my steam iron to block things. I am 2/3′s of the way done with my Wensleydale Longhair yarn *Miss Dashwood* knitting patterns and was just too excited to NOT block out the border on the sleeves.

You can see my little sleeve ironing board on top of my regular sized ironing board. The little one was purchased at Target; the big one, picked from the alley behind my house ;p

I put the iron on the “Steam: Wool” setting and steamed out the entire sleeve. Then I pinned out the points of the lace at the border edge and give it a couple of blasts.

knitting patterns

missD4_3515.jpg

21 Responses to “Tuesday, November 20, 2007”

1. Just lovely! You’ll be the Belle of the Christmas Ball!

2. bellamoden says:

Lovely! I think I like this version the best.

Absolutely beautiful. I am so tempted to get this pattern, it looks wonderful! I may have to break down and toss it in the queue. I just hate to have too much in line as I tend to stress myself out.

4. beverly says:

That is a stunning version of Miss D.!

5. Gorgeous! And in one of my favorite colors too!

I have to say, though, the last two photo’s with what looks like the disembodied arm? Kinda freaked me out a little!

6. Karen B. says:

Cranberry flavah, good enough to eat! I love it.

7. meg says:

Good grief, that makes me want to stay home from work & knit Miss Dashwood sleeves! I love, love those points, that lace. I long for the lace.

8. Sil says:

Is it just me, but whenever I see “Miss Dashwood” written I flash to Janet Jackson and mentally change this to “Miss Dashwood if you’re nasty” and then giggle. Hello, the early 90s called and want me back…

9. Seanna Lea says:

I really think I ought to pick up a sleeve sized ironing board. I am more than willing to iron things on the dining room table, but sleeves are pretty irritating and hard to make nice without something holding them in position and flat.

10. lynette says:

how awesome!! you inspire me. :)

11. Meg says:

So lovely. Both the color and lace.

Dig that little board.

12. Laura(keet) says:

Mmm, isn’t she loverly! Perhaps this can be my new Turkey Day knit – I have some finishing to do (erm, I should join your finish-as-you-go school) but obviously I need another project. You know, a new one — I need to eat pie and cast on, people.

And thank you for the hotdog flower video link. Simultaneously disgusting and fascinating!

Thanks for the kind words!

And, Laura, you are cracking me UP! I love to eat pie and cast on too! Startitis & holidays & I are a given (and don’t forget the Cool Whip! It’s the only time of the year the stuff passes my lips. Go figure…)

Everybody, get a little board! (to iron on)

Sorry about that dis-embodied arm, Leah! ooooEEEoooo! That prop just helped with the photography so the lace would show up. I guess I’m so used to seeing it it doesn’t seem weird anymore ;p

14. inglesidebelle says:

Very chic sleeve – and elegant too! I already have a sleeve board, but I needs to get myself a disembodied arm. ;)

15. Wanda says:

Lovely now Miss Dashwood is turning out. I love the red color too. Funny that I didn’t even notice the disjointed arm! ;-)

16. Jacquelyn says:

That color is just gorgeous. It’s like one of my favorite shades of lipstick! I can’t wait to see it when you’re done.

17. rachel says:

Ooooo, that’s purty.

18. Laura says:

I love your patterns. This is so very pretty. Well done.

19. Kim says:

What perfect little points. Don’t you LOVE steam irons? And I’m having some serious sleeve envy here…

Happy happy Thanksgiving, Bonne Marie!

20. Maureen says:

Thanks for the reminder about steam. I tried it on a knit hat (2 colors, stranded) and it worked beautifully. One mitten done & one to go. It makes a huge difference.