Wednesday, November 7, 2007

FS_3257_2text_071107.jpg

If you are downtown this Friday and want to mingle with some great knitters, yarn & snacks, come visit with Chic Knits @Loopy Yarns.

We are going mobile with the fall collection AND presenting a mini-workshop on yarn substitution. I am very excited to be able to explore some yarn in situ, in its Natural Habitat: a LYS…

Our lovely model, Zoya, will be with us to stroll and help us visualize the yarn subs.

It’s been great fun working together this year! In addition to Zoya, the fabulous and incredibly talented Franklin Habit joined us for the Fall/Winter collection. We were thrilled he could take time out from his 1000 Knitters Project to help showcase our autumn designs.

The pictures we’re showing this season were from a photo shoot he did a few weeks ago on premises.

I want to give the biggest shout-out ever to Franklin for the lovely photos and thank him for the love and energy he brings everywhere he goes. MWAH! hugz.

Chic_Knits_FW2007_Trio_475.jpg
from l. to r. Beryl, Twist, & Miss Dashwood

A big SHOUT to Corinne, who styled the shoot, keeping the behind-the-scenes afloat, wrinkle-free, and flowing as smoothly as a Vesper Martini. Thanks Corinne!

chic-knits-corinne_3204.jpg
Obviously, 2 heads are better than 1…

SO if yarn’s your thing (no?) and swinging on a Friday night with some TGIF snacks and friends blows the work week right outta mind, come down to LOOPY, 719 S. State St. 6-9pm…

17 Responses to “Wednesday, November 7, 2007”

1. CathyZ says:

Oh I wish I lived in Chicago so I could come! Have a great time everyone. Hope the show comes to NYC!

2. Toby Wollin says:

CathyZ – I am SOOOO with you. I am here in Upstate New York – and not in Chicago, one of my favorite places in the world(especially in the summer). If the show comes to the “right coast” let us know (though, not this morning as Upstate New York, in some places like Buffalo, is having major lake effect snow…).

3. margene says:

Enjoy! Wish I could join you!

Wow, that would be so much fun. I enjoy learning about the back side of all the work.

So um, when are you going to take this show on the road? Quit teasin’ the rest of us! :P

6. karen w says:

Ooooh! Road show? Sounds like FUN!!
    Start small. ;) Michigan is not *that* far away. Hint hint.
    But it’s too far to toodle to Chicago on a Friday night after work. :(

7. monica says:

I wish I could be there. I told Lynette to give you a big hug from me!

8. Emily says:

If I wasn’t already committed to the quilt show in Schaumburg, I’d so be there. It sounds awesome!!

9. Patty says:

Have a great time…I agree with Tracey – take that show on the road!

10. Carol says:

Aw man! I miss all the ggreat stuff! Have a ball mon ami! (Hope I spelled that right):)

11. elisabeth says:

hi bonne marie!

i recognize that book…is it the beautifully illustrated book by sara midda? south of france, a sketchbook?

12. knit chick says:

I can’t wait to head over to Loopy tomorrow. It sounds like it’s going to be fun time!

13. sue says:

Oh, I would if I lived closer. All the cool knit-events seem to happen too far away…
    Have a great time. I think a seminar on yarn substitution is a great idea.

14. Mary says:

Can’t wait for the wing-ding shindig!

15. Tamara says:

The fashion show at Loopy Yarns was great fun! I’m inspired to knit both the Ribbi-Cardi (the brown and light blue combo is gorgeous) and the Felted Bucket Hat (the raspberry color is fantastic). The photos in your patterns are phenomenal. I’m told you are the photographer! Awesome.

16. Tamara says:

17. lynette says:

i had such a good time friday night and enjoyed seeing you again. thanks SO MUCH for your insight and wonderful patterns.

can’t wait to see you at the next event.