Friday, November 2, 2007

Felted Bucket Hat pattern HERE

Standing with its Bucket peers, one can see the dark grey hat is a bit bigger than the rest

13 Responses to “Friday, November 2, 2007”

1. Toby Wollin says:

How to dress the hat?
    Hmmm – well, how dressy do you want it?
    Conservative: I’d got to a fancy ribbon store and find some black and silver or perhaps some other color and silve/or grey ribbon and make a hatband – maybe even a small bow (if that is your bent).
    Not so conservative: Scarf in grey and other colors and tie it as a hatband.
    Really not conservative – cut down a small belt in any color – anything under an inch would probably do the trick here.

2. Karen B. says:

Great ideas, Toby! I, too, was thinking hatband. But a textured one; either woven fabric, leather or braided ribbons.

OMG! Toby! I love that tied around the brim Scarf Idea!

And Karen

4. margene says:

I love this sweater and can’t wait to finish mine! You are getting better with each design, Bonne Marie!

5. Wanda says:

Hmm, I really love the new Scoop in wool. For some reason the wool version speaks to me, whereas the cotton did not. I think I’m gonna have to get it! That and Beryl, really love both of them!

6. PICAdrienne says:

That had is a great background. I would not use a ‘permanent’ embellishment on the hat, becuase it is so very versatile. Red rose one day, pink chiffon scarf the next, black satin ribbon with white polka-dots, purple with green striped grosgrain. That hat is a background for anything.

7. Deb in PA says:

Another idea would be a shawl pin mounted on the side. There are some beautiful ones on the net. I love the idea of the scarf and belt. Very interchangable. People will think you have a new hat every time you change the accessory.

8. meg says:

Maybe a bit of lace? Black or dark red lace around the brim or stretched over the whole crown. There’s always the proverbial feather :o), too.

9. Kim says:

Thanks, Bonne Marie for the inspiration to re-felt my Bucket Hat. I never blocked it to the shape I really wanted the first time around, so I don’t wear it as much as I would like. I’m off to find a more suitable blocking contraption in my kitchen as we speak! Oh, I love the idea of a belt cut down to make a hat band!

10. Linda says:

Like the scarf idea. Or if you really want to dress it up, how about a vintage brooch? The juxtaposition of grey flannel and sparkly might be nice…

11. Wendy says:

I already bought the Scoop du Jour pattern in its old incarnation. Do I have to buy it again? I’m about 3/4 of the way through it!

WooHoo! All you have to do is drop me an email and I’ll send you a link!

13. jenifleur says:

Feathers. Grey tweed and johdhpurs are meant to go together so I think a few nice irridescent black tail feathers on one side would finish it nicely.