Thursday, October 18, 2007

oatmeal_8536.jpg

Especially when it’s made out of W.O.O.L.

When the Bartlett folk named names, they were not kidding ;p

But I, being a geek and scientific knitter decided to take it to the test.

What do you think?

I think it’s a natural color so rich I want to eat/knit it right up!

I am actually a little further along with this version of the Beryl sweater than in this picture, after two mad bus sessions commuting yesterday. It’s cold enough here that my busmates are excited by my projects again instead of hitting me with those pitying sidelong glances for holding something so weird (a wool sock).

This yarn is so right off the ranch that I keep thinking I’m going to faint from the marvelous sweet sheepie fumes. I wonder if the bussies notice this too or if they think it’s just my personal parfum? Hmm.

Underarm bind offs, here I come…………………

18 Responses to “Thursday, October 18, 2007”

1. Karen B. says:

That scrummy, sheepy fiber *does* look good enough to eat! Did I mention the fabulous photography?

2. bellamoden says:

Man, that picture is gorgeous! Amazing how good that yarn looks… mmm. Can’t wait!

Yummy! It looks wonderful. I can’t wait to see the finished project. I envy you your bus knitting. I’d love to get more time with the needles.

4. Corinne says:

I like the vintage Harlequin bowl! Isn’t it called an oatmeal bowl?

5. lynda says:

I made my Rogue out of Bartlett yarn… I love it, but even after a few washings it is still VERY sheepy! I tend to wear it outdoors, thinking the fresh air will counteract my sheep smell!

6. ~S says:

Just Gawjuss miss B-Marie. That’s going to be one scrumptions sweater when it is done. :)

7. Lesley says:

I just noticed that Twist is a top 10 pick from Vogue Knitting for the holidays – way to go!!

8. Fiona says:

Now that looks lovely. Nothing like a good neutral, and that is just about perfect, I think.

9. Wanda says:

That’s a great shot and yes, the yarn matches the color of oatmeal. Oatmeal is my usual breakfast of choice too. Yum!

10. Wannietta says:

I love when a company takes the time to really name their colours – not just slap a number or vague label on it.

That may explain my OPI nail polish collection.

11. Marg says:

Ach, me Bonne Lassie! Oatmeal! And a lovely wee accompaniment to the sweater, if I say so m’sel’.

It’s great!

Hugs,

12. Mmm, lovely stuff. Wonder if anyone makes an Oat Bran yarn? Also, useful to know about the sheepiness issue.

Right on, KarenJo! EVERYbody needs some FIBER in their diet!

Raise your hand if you don’t mind picking out a little *vegetable matter* out of the yarn when you’re knitting. I ALWAYS get a big kick out of that although I know it drives some people nutz…

14. suzanne says:

washing….before knitting or after??? I’ve got some Bartlette (fisherman & rangeley) and can’t decide which to do first, wash or knit!!

I LURV vm! Especially sheepy wool, smellin’ like the sheep, with vm yarn. It’s the best.
    Mmmm, oatmeal, it’s my friend as of late. I have always adored oatmeal colored sweaters with dark wooden buttons. So classic.

16. meg says:

I think they got it. That looks as warm & comforting as it’s namesake. D’oh! I shoulda had oatmeal this morning!

17. Carol says:

It’s gorgeous and delicious! It’s also going to make for great Beryl, I just love that pattern!