Wednesday, July 14, 2004

arbor1.jpg

BLIMEY!

I couldn’t resist this wonderful color when I saw it in the store on the rack. It had the freshness of spring, the excitement of a summer day, the COLOR of…

OGRE?

Ogerific, I say, the more the merrier!

Anyone who’s ever been out yarn hopping with me can attest to the fact that after I walk into a store – any yarn store – anywhere – I will walk in a straight fast line quickly to the first LIME I spy.

Like a bee to the pollen, I BUZZ and adore, court and fondle, and with great effort, push off and try to inspect and appreciate something else.

Sometimes, the attraction is too strong – and GLADLY, I ended up with this hot, hot, hot color just made to order for these HOT Summer days.

It gives me great pleasure to pull this out on the bus, after I’ve waited in the city soup at the stop, and just look at it in the Summer Light. This saturated SUPERcolor just makes sense now in a way that it never will in the middle of winter.

The mystery for me, though, is why this attraction is so strong to begin with. And even though you don’t see many people wearing this color often, when they do, it is always striking.

I am intrigued by why all humans have a favorite color. To echo our libidenous brothers who delcare “I’m a Leg Man myself” I’ll have to just SHOUT “I’m a LIMEY for sure…”

19 Responses to “Wednesday, July 14, 2004”

1. valentina says:

Me TOO! ME too! Luuuurrrrve the lime. The bright kind, not the muted muddy.
    Lurve it so much, in fact, that I wear it in winter, too.

2. maggi says:

Blimey, limey, YUMMY! Is it becoming a ChicKami?

This bodaciouslusciousdelicious lime is becoming a modified BoatNeck Shell..

4. claudia says:

Bonne Marie to Shrek green = bee to honey. And Shreky green appreciation is contagious. Ask me how I know.

5. Heather says:

Ooh La La Lime!

There were strips of delish lime running through my cotton tots bottoms up bucket, very summery.

I am the same way about pink. I take a beeline right for the pinks.

6. rachelkates says:

I’m with ya! I’m wearing a lime green short sleeve today w/my usual lime green messenger bag.

BTW, Bonne, when I was searching for Wildfoote sock yarn colors this week, I found one site offering lime green. I think it is a disco’d color, but it could be worth your hunt.

7. Wendy says:

Me too! Me too! I’m a Limey!

8. Eilene says:

Lovely, lovely lime. I really love that color also. For some reason I lean towards the reds. The deep, rich reds. Yum!!!

9. maryse says:

i’m wearing lime pants today…

10. Tenise says:

Bonne

At the risk of sounding like a bitch, I think that all of your patterns are worth paying for. I purchased the Bucket O’Chic, the ChicKami and the Lo Tech Sweat back when you first made them available for purchase, via snail mail. They are all clear and concise patterns in my experience. The price was fair, and they were error free (hello, Vogue Knitting!).

It sucks that people are ripping off your free patterns with no respect to your copyright, and then have the nerve to sell them in yarn shops without your permission. If you have to take down the free patterns page and charge for them in order to protect your work, then by all means do so. Everyone who is intelligent will understand.

P.S. I am also interested in purchasing your MondoCondo poncho pattern should you decide to make it available.

11. Iris says:

My husband calls me Limey everytime I wear that color. Other times he calls me Schmoo. I bought Crystal Palace Fizz and Squiggle in that color to make a scarf this spring and set it on my dashboard to admire it the whole way home against the spring green background. It was the same color and texture of the green grass and new growth on the Larch trees all along the way. I haven’t made the scarf yet. It will be my first adventure into the novelty yarn world. It will probably have to wait until next spring, now. Better yet, during the winter white doldrums. Love that Limey!

12. Kate says:

With all due respect to the blue blog, I’ve been considering adding a subtitle to my blog and calling it the red blog! All the pictures and all my projects are red red red. I didn’t even know it was my favorite! Wish I could wear that lime green– it’s very attractive.

13. Gail says:

I’m a total limey – I love that color. I have two shirts in that color, and keep picking up more.

14. Michelle says:

I can’t speak for others and it’s little off the lime topic, but I agree with Tenise. I have a few of your patterns and they’re just great. If you need to charge for access in order to prevent/discourage losers from committing fraud and disrespecting your awesome work – go for it.
    P.S. I too love yesterday’s poncho! Mondocute!

15. elaine says:

I did that not too long ago – loved the lime but not for me. It was fun to knit because the color was so damn cheery! It ended up an oxford “shirt” sweater for my son – he loved it too!

Elaine – your boy is absolutely ADORABLE!

What a naughty grin – just right for that limeade cardi!

17. kate says:

My winter coat is lime. I love it. In the haute couture fashion world, green is considered bad luck so many designers avoid it. Madame Carven was one of the first (and only?) successful designers to use lots and lots of green.

18. Donna says:

Okay, I have to ask – is that Classic Elite Lush? That color looks oh so familiar…(I know it can’t be, but I’m curious!)

All of the details of what I’m working on are always in the right hand column of this page under the WIP button (Works In Progress) – this yarn is GGH Bali… :)