Tuesday, October 9, 2007

rp_0639.jpg

Even though it’s acting like it’s deep summer, even though Christopher Columbus, Queens Isabella & Little Italy left Our Lady of Pompeii and marched through the neighborhood, even though the Baby Bears didn’t make it, it really is Autumn…

And that means one thing here at Chez Chic: Sweater Knitting whether the weather likes it or not ;p

I am lucky! The Ribby Pulli I’m working on is a wool/cotton blend [80% pima cotton & 20% wool ] and it is actually really easy on the hands; no clammy mitts here. I’m all the way through the pouch pocket and quite a few inches more up on the body–this one is especially getting a workout on the bus commute, when I get a seat, that is.

Kim F. writes: “Hi there Bonne Marie. After having knit your Ribby Cardi I must say that the new Ribby Pulli does catch my eye.. The only thing is… Are you going to post a notes page on the Ribby Pulli? I relied on the notes page on the Ribby Cardi a TON!

Although I might not write up formal notes, I’ve made a Category for this and you can see the entries HERE. That’s actually what I did for the Ribby Cardi when I was working on that too. It’s a little rough, but maybe helpful? :)

I like this feature of MovableType

8 Responses to “Tuesday, October 9, 2007”

1. Wanda says:

I have recently started a Ribby Pulli and I’m loving it so far. I can see me wanting more than one and in different versions. The pocket Pulli is tempting me too. Perhaps a long sleeve pocket is in my future.
    did yo know the date on today’s post is in the year 2009? Not sure if you meant that or not.

2. The yarn is from Brown Sheep, right? I’ll have to remember that one. It’s looking very nice knit up.

Some day I should get a fitting mannequin. Maybe I would even start sewing again.

3. Michelle says:

Hey Bonne Marie, I got the Winter issue of Vogue Knitting today. You’re famous….again! Saw the photo and ad of your beautiful twist hoodie….congrats!

Not so famous but thanks so much! I can’t even tell what day it is! (Thanks Wanda, for getting back on track, sheesh…)

That is Cotton Fleece yarn, from Brown Sheep, in a favorite light teal color called Rue.

5. marji says:

Congrats Bonne Marie, I just saw that your Twist Hoodie made the top ten Must Have’s in the Holiday issue of Vogue Knitting.
    Proving that you have indeed “made it” in the world of knitwear designers.
    Just had to pop in to say Congrats.

Lovin’ the twist. *sigh* no sweaters cast on until after the baby.

7. meg says:

I see several people beat me to the punch with the congrats on your Vogue ‘Must Have’ appearance. Go you! It really is a beautiful sweater & I love the hood – a built in hat is welcome this time of year. I used one just last evening :o) brrrrr.

8. Carol says:

I’m only surprised you don’t have a book coming out ;)