Tuesday, June 12, 2007

knitting patterns

Paxie, the Pink Pig of Peace Finger Puppet by Mary McCain

There is really nothing like knitting in the open air and a whole lot of folks came out on World Wide Knit-in-Public Day to prove it…

All along the Scultpure Garden east of the Crown Fountain, knitters staked out the nooks and crannies of the walk in the shade and sun. Here, in the middle, Rachel and to her left, KarenB! To the Right — Michelle, wearing the most awesome sun hat — and to her right Angela, knitting on the some of the most spectacular sock yarn ever! Angela ALWAYS finds the best of the best — I’ve begged her to become my personal shopper. Many, many other happy knitters lined the walk, including fellow Thursday KIPPer, Dana and special guest all the way from Wisconsin, the charming and very talented Cathy.

Meg, a spinning goddess, was soaking up the sun in one of the garden’s nooks and crannies.

Bare-footin’ it. That’s livin’ Baby…

A special thanks to Natalia Wilson for all her special touch and hard work to bring us all together!

9 Responses to “Tuesday, June 12, 2007”

1. Karen B. says:

It was a beautiful day! So great to see you guys. I know everyone’s busy, but we need to do this more than once a year.

p.s. Thank you *so much* for helping me when I needed it most. I love mah knittahs!

2. kimchi says:

wow!!! that is such an awesome turnout!
    our wwkipday in Berkeley, CA was good too–the weather was equally wonderful and i met so many new knitters! love the pictures! :o)

It looks like such fun. No organized plan where I live, but I did my part, knitting at a coffee shop, and meeting another knitter!

4. Angela says:

Just tell me what you’re in the market for–I’ll be happy to scope things out for ya!

5. MaryM says:

It was great to be there! And thank you for taking for the best finger-puppet portrait in the history of the world.

6. Cathy-Cate says:

Thanks again for all the info and the warm welcome to Chicago knitting!

When you have a LOT of time to kill, I am chronicling my knitting weekend in Chicago on ze blog a day at a time, and today is the story of Thursday — check it out, Thursday ChicKnits KIPpers and let me know whose name and blog I messed up!

Knit On!

7. Carol says:

Now that’s what it’s all about!

I did some KIP’in myself, but not on such a grand scale.

9. Diane says:

This is the lovely borough of Manhattan in New York City. The ordinance actually states: “No operator shall enter an intersection and its crosswalks unless there is sufficient unobstructed
    space beyond the intersection and its crosswalks in the lane in which he/she is traveling to
    accommodate the vehicle, notwithstanding any traffic control signal indication to proceed.”

Therefore the box is the center of the intersection, and there are stripes painted to denote the actual box area. If cited by a traffic enforcement office, in addition to a fine (I believe it is $45 dollars) violator will receive a citation for a