Thursday, April 25, 2007

get back here!

IMG_0517.jpg

My favorite fan has agreed to be a token hand model to beckon Spring back to Chicago. Upon its grill, it wears New Projects — sure to entice and please the delinquent Sun!

We’ve had two nights of rain — one huge and invasive — so much so, three of my east facing windows leaked all over the place. The winds were so strong, they forced the rain through the small spaces where caulking had seperated from settlement and age. This of course, should’ve been been anticipated.

My neighbors and I had just found (a miracle) a contracter and set up a day (so lucky) to have all the windows in the building re-caulked. It had been dry and warm for over a week and it just seemed like we were going to put one over on Mother.

Well.

We all know how that goes. Just wash your car and see! Everyone knows not to tempt HRH, especially at this time of year.

So I’m taking a different approach, (now that plan A is hosed/postponed until next week after our windows have, fingers crossed, a chance to dry out), and offering Her a couple of new warm weather projects.

Number One:

uforessurect.jpg

I found this KAL via Knitorious, hosted by Kat with a K!

I love the rules/norules: “2. You have two options for that UFO: a. Work on it. You don’t have to finish it that month, if it’s something big, but it must be added into your rotation of “active” projects. A token row or two does not count. ;-)
b. Frog it. If you don’t want to work on it anymore, rip it out and move on.

Well, I’m kindof combining a & b and Frogging and Re-starting and working on it :)

The Kelly green on top is a CeCe, made from ggh “Bali” that I started and abandoned last year. I grew weary of the sleeves (yes, again with the sleeves) knit-in-the-round and have frogged. Now, I am knitting them flat and will update that process in a later post once it is more photo-worthy (and maybe when the Sun comes back out and i can actually take pictures!)

Number Two:

The greyish-aqua needle on the bottom holds a brand new project. I splurged and went virtual shopping in Canada at Knit’n'Tyme. I am making a shrug, from a Phildar Printemps 07 TenDANces pattern, using some stashed Plassard yarn I got on vacation in Atlanta a couple of years ago…

8 Responses to “Thursday, April 25, 2007”

1. rachel says:

You too with the leaking windows? I just found a little stream of water on the inside of our picture window. I think it’s because Chicago was so dry last year. Caulk, stat!

2. Vicki says:

Isn’t that the greatest KAL? I have been doing almost nothing but frogging since I joined — and I’m amazed that if I think about it, I’ve pretty much got every month covered for the entire year (and that’s without starting and abandoning anything new).

We’re supposed to have a WONDERFUL weekend after this little blip on the radar — I hope it’s the same for you. I hope you have some good luck rescheduling the contractor.

Oy, I am just so ready for some springy, light weight, cottony knits, but I am soooo determined to finish my Scoop Du Jour….all I have to do is seam it too. I have been so lazy lately.
    Sorry to hear about your windows. You know what they say…Mother knows best.

4. Marcia says:

Ya know, I’m having a hard time finding my mojo with the Ariann sleeves, too. I love the convenience of in-the-round, but my brain ain’t so into the lacy part. I’ve un and reknit the same inch about 6 times.

5. Trope says:

Uuugghhhh, leaky windows! How heartbreaking! I, too, have been having a fit of, “can’t we call the landlord about that?” this week. Alas, no; we are IT now!

Hope all is drying nicely. See you in a few weeks…

6. Sonya says:

I need to get me some of that resurrection. Or at least another helping of intention.

Spring is slowly arriving here, with the onset of April Showers (which I call these torrential downpours). I hope your plan works!

8. Carol says:

Remember when April showers brought May flowers? Now they bring repairmen! Yes the UFO Res. is a great push to the finish isn’t it?