Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Ten-day forecast is a Steady-as-She-Goes 40-50 degrees here in the Big Windy. While usually at this time of the year I would take this as a poke-in-the-eye from Mother Nature, it’s making me Jump for JOY instead~!

I have a new Hoodie.

twist_0022_3472.jpg

Life is Good…

My sample of the variation of the Twist pattern is FINI!

I brought it with me Thursday night to Letizia’s Bakery for our KIP night out. Between the fun conversation and music spun by our favorite (and handsome) barista Spencer, it was done in no time at all. I set in both sleeves with a crochet slip-stitch and sewed on the buttons – which, BTW, were chosen by commitee (thank you Ladies…).

twist_0016_3472.jpg

A trip to Tender Buttons (on Rush St) yielded up some darker Tortoise Shell models and a plain Taupe set. The Taupe had a greenish undercast and just didn’t disappear into the fabric enough to work well – which is what I thought to be the best case scenario. I adore this color; it is sophisticated. Neutral. Adult. Flattering. BUT. Impossible to take a picture of or match buttons to.

In the end, the darker T.Shell buttons worked because they had a matching center tone that was a little more neutral. I think they look a little casual, but hey, in a Ralph kind of way.

I see this being worn for a few weeks yet, layered with a black or brown down vest or rain parka, black turtleneck shirt, thin black gloves and sunglasses.

[This design will be available in the next couple of months. I am currently re-writing. For a head’s up on this and other fun blips on the Chic Radar, sign up for our notify list – see right hand column.]

41 Responses to “Tuesday, April 10, 2007”

1. Zonda says:

It looks great! I love the hood and can’t wait to get the new pattern! :)

2. lisa says:

Lovely – yet another pattern of yours I HAVE to knit! hee hee. Keep them coming.

3. Melanie says:

Love it – awesome updates. Can’t wait for the new pattern!

4. Deirdre says:

Bonne, the sweater is beautiful! May I ask how the crocheted slip stitch works for setting in sleeves?

And I can totally see it with shades, vest, black turtle and gloves – very snappy…

5. Carol says:

Ralph’s got nothing on you! That’s one gorgeous sweater and I love the color! Brava!

6. rachel says:

KIP just wouldn’t be the same without Spencer. Or those luscious frosted cupcakes. And you may have outdone even your amazing self with this latest design! It’s the very definition of an updated classic.

7. Susan says:

Was in Chicago a few weeks ago…too bad I missed KIP night out!! Lovely sweater!!! Think I’ll have to start looking for yarn!!

8. That’s so pretty and it looks really wearable too! I think it would go with a lot of different things.

9. Amy says:

Great button, choice, Bonne Marie! I find choosing the right button to be kind of tough, because I’m such a perfectionist. But my Mom always reminds me that if you look at RTW clothes, they use contrasting buttons a lot. And buttons in off shades, that a perfectionist like me would never even consider. And you don’t even really notice most of the time!

Amyway, that being said, you picked just the right ones for that great sweater!

10. Barb says:

Great sweater!!

11. Karen B. says:

Cabled goodness in a button-front hoodie – beautiful design and execution, b. Marie!

Most hoodies are either slip on or zip up. I like the casual elegance of the buttons.

12. Deanna says:

Great sweater! I also am interested in learning more about the crocheted set-in sleeves. I thought you might be doing something different when the last photo showed seamed up shoulders and sides.

Thanks so much! I love love love new clothes…

Slip-stitch: I wrote something about attaching sleeves with slip-stitch awhile back:

check it out – :)

Oh it’s beautiful! I usually enjoy the late winter in spring, because I’ve usually got some project I just finished and enjoy wearing it before the weather gets too warm, so I know what you mean!

15. Angie says:

2 words, love.it! Can’t wait for the pattern

16. Patty says:

Everything about it is spectacular! Can’t wait for the pattern. Thanks Bonne Marie!

17. Leslie says:

So beautiful, so professionally done. I’d expect nothing less from the fantabulous Bonne Marie. I just love the cables.

18. MaryM says:

Wow, it’s gorgeous! I’m so sorry I missed Thursday — sounds like the gathering was its usual wonderfulness — plus I could’ve seen this in person…and have sewn the buttons on for you! ;-)

19. Sonya says:

So wonderful, so classy. And I am so jealous that you have a Tender Buttons satellite store.

20. Lorette says:

Perfect! I can’t wait for the pattern! I like the darker buttons.

21. Melanie says:

Love it!! Can’t wait for the pattern!

22. Dana says:

woot! snappy and stylin’, as well as perfect for our blustery ‘spring’ weather!

signed,
    a member of the button committee.

23. Debi says:

It’s lovely and a classic B-M! You asked me so I’m telling ya – this MUST be available in fluffy sizing, please? :)

Yay, you said the magic words: pattern coming soon. I have been waiting for this little numbers debut. Seriously classy with a touch of sass.

25. Beth S. says:

oh, WOW! I like it so much better with a hood! :-)

26. Wanda says:

I love that hoodie version. It looks great. And a perfect color,a neutral that goes with everything. That’s what I love.

27. Vicki says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

28. Karma says:

So cute, so classic. I’ll look forward to seeing the modified write up when you finish it!

29. scribblearts says:

That’s a *gorgeous* sweater. I can’t wait to get my hands on the pattern–someone’s already lodged a request with me for one of these. I particularly appreciate the set-in sleeves. (Unfortunately, not all of us look so hot in raglans. Damn.)

Thanks, too, for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment!

30. amisha says:

**swoon**….
    i love it!!
    it looks so, so good. the cables are stunning in that yarn and the button choice is perfect… subtle and sophisticated and yum. and the hood!
    congratulations on this beautiful knit!! (and i’m amazed that you have a few more chilly weeks to wear it… with layers no less :) )

31. pixie says:

I wish I wans’t pregnant so I could knit it, tho with how fast I finish stuff I suppose I could wear it next fall haha!

32. meg says:

I love this version! Fringe isn’t my thing, but built-in hats are often very handy :o)

33. Amy says:

::hands clapping::
    Another Bonne Marie masterpiece. I love your attention to detail – the sleeve shaping is gorgeous. Can’t wait for this pattern to be published!

34. Julia says:

As a knitter who has knit 4 eyelet cardis, 2 twists and 1 and 3/4 Ceces, this is a winner! I will have to do yet another twist, but these mods are fantastic. The cables are so good, why be stingy with them, eh? I also love this color hugely.

35. carolyn says:

oooohhhh so nice, can’t wait to get this one! you done it again….!

36. melissa says:

That is one beautiful sweater. Gorgeous!

37. Michele says:

Love the new pattern. Will be looking forward to it!!

38. Iris says:

I want this pattern!!! Can’t wait to make this one. You are so talented girl.

Iris

39. Frank says:

I hurt my jaw when it hit the table. I love, Love, LOVE this sweater. Help me make it into a boy sweater? Pwetty Pwease…

40. Delica says:

How great this looks! Any pics of you modeling it?