April 5, 2007

Chic Knits Sock Nation Knittin' Citizen

…the Sock Speaks…
More Stories of Spring

daff-1.jpg
happiness is a yellow sock…

Opal *Magic* Color 1050
size 2.25mm needles
one down, one to go…

24 Responses to “April 5, 2007”

1. Karen B. says:

Oh my goodness, b. Marie! If that doesn’t make you smile then I don’t know what will. Just lovely!

2. ~S says:

Love the sock such a happy springy color, but I think our Spring sandal weather was short lived and back to winter. So that sock would be much loved now.

3. Toby Wollin says:

Now THAT, Ms B. Marie, is a SOCK. That is a sock that deserves to be worn with(sorry, but these are not my favorites, so I shudder to even mention them, although I know there are others who adore them) the cropped pants so that viewers can see the beautiful socks in all of their daffodil-colored glory.
    I thought green socks were rad…nope – got to have the yellow socks.

4. Bets says:

Beautiful! And, you should be in charge of their marketing – how lovely!

5. Carol says:

I just love those colors!

6. Angie says:

Such a sunny sock, well done, now for it’s mate. :)

7. Deirdre says:

Like wearing sunshine on your feet – especially nice to see because we got some snow last night… gives me hope…

how did you do the picture? I just love it!

8. Jen says:

What great spring colors!!!

9. Jen says:

What great spring colors!!!

10. leslie says:

Those will be like wearing sunshine on your toes and the photo with the daffiodils is just perfect! As ususal Bonne Marie you did an outstanding job, you make non-sock knitters want to try a pair…

11. Wanda says:

Whoo-hoo, those are a bit bright! You must be happy!

Wow! Springtime off a stick! It’s beautiful.

13. Samina says:

Hey! I’ve got two of those in my sock drawer, too! That’s a great color – hard to look at it without smiling. (Mine are in a K3P1 rib, though.)

14. Trina says:

Very pretty sock. I’m working on the first of my second pair of socks ever, and stressing about the heel! Hope tackle it this weekend. Thanks for such lovely inspiration.

15. eyeleen says:

Lovely yellow sock, perfect for spring!

16. Debi says:

Glorious sock! So springy! I have some Magic in stash in a pretty orange that I must get reacquainted with so I can have springy socks too!

17. Ruth says:

Between the bright green socks Norma is knitting and these beauties, I really feel as though Spring has sprung … defying the snow I see when I look outside.

Lovely.

18. Genie says:

Dear ChicKits:

Thanks for the e-mail.

One of the most dangerous places in the world for me is my local craft store. I walk in there are projects from no where come into my brain. Last night, I was looking at some cotton yarn. The Lion Brand people have improved their product line in the last 5 years and it looked good. I brought a 2 balls and want to make some lace patterns. Or I might do a few dish cloths.

The samples on the web site, inspired me to do some sampling of my own. I’m taking some yarns that I have and making samples just to see the stitich and how it would look on sweaters. I’m going to the museum later in the afternoon to more ideas and inspiration. Check in with later.

Genie

19. meg says:

I LOVE those socks! Bzzz, butter, daffy-dills, sunshine happiness.

20. Ann says:

Crayzee happy socks! Can’t decide if I want to wear ‘em or eat ‘em–they look like Lemonheads to me.

Happy Pre-Easter! xoxox

21. Frarochvia says:

You know, yellow is my least favorite color. But I love these!

22. suzanne says:

WOW!! Thanks for your great ideas! (this comment has nothing to do with the sock or spring) I’ve been searching for the perfect rug (cheep) for blocking my handknits “ala Bonne Marie”. Finally found one at Tuesday Morning – right size and price.
    I tried it out today. FAN-Freaking-TASTIC!!! No more T-pins, no more steamed fingers (ouch). Thank you for your continued inspiration and illumination!

suzanne

23. amisha says:

oh yellow… love this sock and daffodil image! hope you are having some spring sunshine and flowers up there!

That is one sassy sock. It’s like the love child of a zebra and a canary! Pa-Zazz!