Chic Knits Downloadable Knitting Patterns Chic Knits Downloadable Knitting Patterns Chic Knits Knitting Blog Chic Knits Knitting Tips & Techniques Chic Knits Bonne Marie Burns Free Knitting Patterns
Studio Chic Knit Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2005


because it would be absolutely INSANE
to talk about AUTUMN now that it’s broiling
here in the Midwest I decided not to…


Above you see what the ColorPicken industry people project as the Fall Colors for the coming season:

from left to right:
– Rattan
– Gloxinia
– Ruby Wine
– Burnt Orange
– American Beauty
– Glazed Ginger
– Morrocan Blue
– Moss
– Burnt Olive
– Atmosphere

Now, personally, I think I could eliminate about 20% of the colors out of this group as being not my *season* (teeheehee…) (Maybe I should just give Ginger a try?) BUT the other 80% hold some real promise! What do I especially SPY in there? Something they’ve called *MOSS* which of course is just another variation of my very own favorite, KIWI, b.Lime, Chartruese, etc, etc, etc. I’M THERE! So empowering to know one can still be in fashion even while possessing a dyed-in-the-wool obsession…

Speaking of someone who is not only in fashion but appears to be ahead of the curve, I found this color card while looking for DK weight yarns – pretty much covers most of it, non? (These colors were offered this spring.) Also, anybody know where the yarn classifications come from? I see reading the yarn info it’s listed as “classic” and “precious”.

©Bonne Marie Burns
All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized reproduction in any form prohibited.

Site Design: BigBrain Multimedia/Bonne Marie Burns

"ChicKnits" and "Chic Knits" are the ®Registered Trademarks of Bonne Marie Burns of Portland OR